Computer Name from inside a Method Directive

Perfect.  Thanks for the help Jose and Joshua!

System.Environment.MachineName

I'm trying to retrieve the computer name from inside a method directive but it seems to want to return the server name instead.  Is there anyone that knows how to call the client's name or easily pass the name to the directive?

Thanks.

There is no easy way to do this... What is your end goal? All BPMs are processed server side you have no way to know what the calling client is. You could customize the client to pass the information to the server in the callContextBPMData

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>System.Environment.MachineName<br></span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>I&#39;m trying to retrieve the computer name from inside a method directive but it seems to want to return the server name instead.  Is there anyone that knows how to call the client&#39;s name or easily pass the name to the directive?</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Thanks.</span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I'm trying to select a label printer based on where the user is printing from. 

That was my first thought, I just thought someone might have an easier way.

Thanks.

I am doing the same thing as we speak, however I am doing it all customization side. So when I launch the method that does the printing. I have a form popping that is preloaded with a printer based on the computer name (client side). I also have the list of the rest of similar label printer just in case the one that it SHOULD print to has crapped out for some reason (a plan B)

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CTO

Direct Phone:    920.593.8299
Office Phone:    920.437.6400 x342

http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 11:38 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Computer Name from inside a Method Directive

I'm trying to select a label printer based on where the user is printing from. 

That was my first thought, I just thought someone might have an easier way.

Thanks.

DO you have different users? If so you can stick the printer in the user and look it up that way. You can even use the Printer Setup ScreensÂ

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:38 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>I&#39;m trying to select a label printer based on where the user is printing from. </p><div><br></div><div>That was my first thought, I just thought someone might have an easier way.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks.</div><p></p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-692719305">

Unfortunately I have a general warehouse user that all our floor guys use.
Then your best bet is to use a BPMDataForm and askthem which Printer They want... actually... this might work and its SUPER HACKY but if it works it would be sleek...

BPMData forms are available in the Client Space.... so you could have a BPM DataForm that Prompts with Nothing.... but in a customization it looks up the workstation ID and sets Character01 of BPMDatafield to that, then it self closes... The users may see a brief window flash up/down but that would automatically capture the machine name and then you can process everything from BPMCharacter01.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Unfortunately I have a general warehouse user that all our floor guys use.</p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-1388897541">

I they are using one user, but different employee ID’s you could do Jose’s same idea but on EmpBasic instead of User

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CTO

Direct Phone:    920.593.8299
Office Phone:    920.437.6400 x342

http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2016 12:10 PM
To: Vantage <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Re: Computer Name from inside a Method Directive

Then your best bet is to use a BPMDataForm and askthem which Printer They want... actually... this might work and its SUPER HACKY but if it works it would be sleek...

BPMData forms are available in the Client Space.... so you could have a BPM DataForm that Prompts with Nothing.... but in a customization it looks up the workstation ID and sets Character01 of BPMDatafield to that, then it self closes... The users may see a brief window flash up/down but that would automatically capture the machine name and then you can process everything from BPMCharacter01.

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Unfortunately I have a general warehouse user that all our floor guys use.

So I'm testing out the BPM Form idea.  Seems like it would work pretty well except for the fact that I need a PerformClick() on the OK button.  This doesn't work on load since the form isn't in view.  On shown doesn't want to work(Not sure if it even exists).  

On load BPM.Character01 is loaded with the PC name but I cant get it to accept it.

I can't figure out where to trigger the click.  Any ideas?
Don't do perform click, just do this.DialogResult = DialogResult.OK and set the valye of BPMData.Button to match the OK button value I think 1111

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 4:51 PM, don.n.doan@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>So I&#39;m testing out the BPM Form idea.  Seems like it would work pretty well except for the fact that I need a PerformClick() on the OK button.  This doesn&#39;t work on load since the form isn&#39;t in view.  On shown doesn&#39;t want to work(Not sure if it even exists).  </p><div><br></div><div>On load BPM.Character01 is loaded with the PC name but I cant get it to accept it.</div><div><br></div><div>I can&#39;t figure out where to trigger the click.  Any ideas?</div><p></p>

</div>