Configurator at job level

Thanks Nancy and Mark. I can see a couple of new options that might suit us following your email. I will play around with this a little bit more and post back if I find something new.

Best Regards

Aman Deep

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mark Wagner <mjfw2003@...> wrote:
>
> It sounds like the configurator is set to create configured pricing at the order level but you do not want it to configure price during SO entry for this one product line?
> ÂÂ
> You could probably do something in the configurator based on the product group to override any pricing calculations at order entry. Otherwise creating the job, configuring, then creating the demand link is the only other option I am aware of
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: aman <aman_deep21@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 5:13 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Configurator at job level
>
>
> ÂÂ
> Hi,
>
> We have one product line where we want to configure the MOM at the job level only and do not need it to drive any price calculations. When I create a job with a configurable part and select get details at the job level I get a message saying "Linked Order has not been configured.The detail will not be copied." Is there a work around for this? I can create a job from scratch, configure it and then link it to the sales order by using new demand link but it is not an ideal solution. Am I missing something fundamental here? We are on E9.05.606
>
> Aman
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hi,

We have one product line where we want to configure the MOM at the job level only and do not need it to drive any price calculations. When I create a job with a configurable part and select get details at the job level I get a message saying "Linked Order has not been configured.The detail will not be copied." Is there a work around for this? I can create a job from scratch, configure it and then link it to the sales order by using new demand link but it is not an ideal solution. Am I missing something fundamental here? We are on E9.05.606

Aman
Hi Aman,

We found when we migrated from 904506 to 905607 we lost the ability to get details for a configured part. However, we did find that if we tweaked Configurator designer / Input rules tab / part / creation / save input values, it would allow us to proceed with pulling the details for the configured part.

Epicor support told us that it has to do with no revision getting created and then they claim that it is fixed in 905700.

HTH,
nancy

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "aman" <aman_deep21@...> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have one product line where we want to configure the MOM at the job level only and do not need it to drive any price calculations. When I create a job with a configurable part and select get details at the job level I get a message saying "Linked Order has not been configured.The detail will not be copied." Is there a work around for this? I can create a job from scratch, configure it and then link it to the sales order by using new demand link but it is not an ideal solution. Am I missing something fundamental here? We are on E9.05.606
>
> Aman
>
Hi Nancy,
Ah the old 905700 chestnut!
Thanks for your reply. The only way I can get the save inputs checkbox to tick is if I create a new part number for every configuration which is something I am not keen at doing. However, even after ticking that box I am still getting the same error message. Could you please let me know a little bit more about how you are managing to configure at job level?
Thanks in advance.

Aman

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <nhoyt111@...> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Aman,
>
> We found when we migrated from 904506 to 905607 we lost the ability to get details for a configured part. However, we did find that if we tweaked Configurator designer / Input rules tab / part / creation / save input values, it would allow us to proceed with pulling the details for the configured part.
>
> Epicor support told us that it has to do with no revision getting created and then they claim that it is fixed in 905700.
>
> HTH,
> nancy
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "aman" <aman_deep21@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have one product line where we want to configure the MOM at the job level only and do not need it to drive any price calculations. When I create a job with a configurable part and select get details at the job level I get a message saying "Linked Order has not been configured.The detail will not be copied." Is there a work around for this? I can create a job from scratch, configure it and then link it to the sales order by using new demand link but it is not an ideal solution. Am I missing something fundamental here? We are on E9.05.606
> >
> > Aman
> >
>
It sounds like the configurator is set to create configured pricing at the order level but you do not want it to configure price during SO entry for this one product line?
Â
You could probably do something in the configurator based on the product group to override any pricing calculations at order entry. Otherwise creating the job, configuring, then creating the demand link is the only other option I am aware of

Sent: Monday, July 9, 2012 5:13 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Configurator at job level

Â
Hi,

We have one product line where we want to configure the MOM at the job level only and do not need it to drive any price calculations. When I create a job with a configurable part and select get details at the job level I get a message saying "Linked Order has not been configured.The detail will not be copied." Is there a work around for this? I can create a job from scratch, configure it and then link it to the sales order by using new demand link but it is not an ideal solution. Am I missing something fundamental here? We are on E9.05.606

Aman

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi Aman,

Let me give exact workflow we used to do and now what we have to do, in the hopes of helping your problem and giving ideas.

904506 used to: sales order entry personnel added configured part number to sales order, clicked configure button on sales order line, configurator would number the line configured part based on the sales order number / line. we have no method on the base configured part.
Engineering would go to planning workbench, create a job for this new demand from the sales order, in job, get details from a previously made similar part (based on some other old sales order number). ALL was good.

905607 now: sales order personnel add configured part number to sales order, click configure button on sales order line, configurator numbers the line configured part based on the sales order number / line. Still, no method on base configured part. Engineering goes to planning workbench, creates a job for this new demand from sales order, in job, goes to get details from a previously made similar part (based on some other old sales order number). NOW get message, cannot get details for configured part.

Our engineering group discovered the following workaround that requires manual creation of revision in between, and a default of save inputs unchecked:

Save inputs unchecked
1. I was still able to create a new unique part however the revision wasn't created.
2. Created revision on the part and added method
3. Created job, pulled method, had to manually entered sales order line reference to part number as only the base number appears.
4. Method pulled in fine.

This is the workaround we are using now, because Epicor support doesn't seem to know why we were able to do the first method before and now are not able to do it.

HTH
Nancy

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "aman" <aman_deep21@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Nancy,
> Ah the old 905700 chestnut!
> Thanks for your reply. The only way I can get the save inputs checkbox to tick is if I create a new part number for every configuration which is something I am not keen at doing. However, even after ticking that box I am still getting the same error message. Could you please let me know a little bit more about how you are managing to configure at job level?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Aman
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Nancy" <nhoyt111@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > Hi Aman,
> >
> > We found when we migrated from 904506 to 905607 we lost the ability to get details for a configured part. However, we did find that if we tweaked Configurator designer / Input rules tab / part / creation / save input values, it would allow us to proceed with pulling the details for the configured part.
> >
> > Epicor support told us that it has to do with no revision getting created and then they claim that it is fixed in 905700.
> >
> > HTH,
> > nancy
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "aman" <aman_deep21@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We have one product line where we want to configure the MOM at the job level only and do not need it to drive any price calculations. When I create a job with a configurable part and select get details at the job level I get a message saying "Linked Order has not been configured.The detail will not be copied." Is there a work around for this? I can create a job from scratch, configure it and then link it to the sales order by using new demand link but it is not an ideal solution. Am I missing something fundamental here? We are on E9.05.606
> > >
> > > Aman
> > >
> >
>