Configurator - Clear All

Ok, actually just using the pcinvalues table for reference would help some. Yeah I usually do all my editing in just plain old notepad and run it on a test server. Thanks, I'll have to look up notepad++ again been a long time since I've used that and probrably worth finding again.

~Gibby

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> Not much different in the .net world as there isn't a clear all button for a form unless you build it. Since configurator does not have a button control, a way to mimic a single click button is to have a radio button set of two. When the user clicks on the first button the on-leave for the radio set clears everything you want and also sets the radio button value to the second radio button so the user can clear again if they like.
>
> The configurator values are stored in the pcinvalues table which are in a temporary table like other objects in a configurator session but I don't think the amount of code to clear it out would be much different than a line of code for each control that you want to clear. You can copy out the fields name into excel do a quick concatenation of assignment code and then copy the result into an on-leave statement. I typically do not do any direct editing in Configurator, I copy the code out to NotePad++ which has a progress language setup that is helpful.
>
> Jim Kinneman
> Encompass Solutions, Inc
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Gibby" <guyguy50@> wrote:
> >
> > I'm just curious because it would be really nice if it existed, if their is a way to clear all the character boxes in a configurator. So for say they put in a part to create and then decide oops I want no top to a product. Well to counter this right now I just have in my on leave file chrWhatever = "". at the top. Works fine until I have to do this for 20 character and Decinal fields etc... Any other ideas on how to better handle this? Or is there something in Progress or Epicor built in that may be doing this?
> >
>
I'm just curious because it would be really nice if it existed, if their is a way to clear all the character boxes in a configurator. So for say they put in a part to create and then decide oops I want no top to a product. Well to counter this right now I just have in my on leave file chrWhatever = "". at the top. Works fine until I have to do this for 20 character and Decinal fields etc... Any other ideas on how to better handle this? Or is there something in Progress or Epicor built in that may be doing this?
Not much different in the .net world as there isn't a clear all button for a form unless you build it. Since configurator does not have a button control, a way to mimic a single click button is to have a radio button set of two. When the user clicks on the first button the on-leave for the radio set clears everything you want and also sets the radio button value to the second radio button so the user can clear again if they like.

The configurator values are stored in the pcinvalues table which are in a temporary table like other objects in a configurator session but I don't think the amount of code to clear it out would be much different than a line of code for each control that you want to clear. You can copy out the fields name into excel do a quick concatenation of assignment code and then copy the result into an on-leave statement. I typically do not do any direct editing in Configurator, I copy the code out to NotePad++ which has a progress language setup that is helpful.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Gibby" <guyguy50@...> wrote:
>
> I'm just curious because it would be really nice if it existed, if their is a way to clear all the character boxes in a configurator. So for say they put in a part to create and then decide oops I want no top to a product. Well to counter this right now I just have in my on leave file chrWhatever = "". at the top. Works fine until I have to do this for 20 character and Decinal fields etc... Any other ideas on how to better handle this? Or is there something in Progress or Epicor built in that may be doing this?
>