Consultant recommendations for E9 to 10

Just going to to throw in my 2c on the importing of master data. Customer and vendor data can be cumbersome, in particular if you have bank info. That custnumcustid field did my head in when I imported from Epicor Enterprise to E9 all those years ago.

As mentioned the DMT has some nifty tricks including import from BAQ. That might be of some value, by means of an external Baq I’ve never used the functionality, always rolled my own using the PowerShell example that is provided as a basis.

Another suggestion, is to divide and conquer, have team members enter it in (volume depending of course) 5 people entering in 20 per day is not overly burdensome on top of their daily duties. As an long as to you have good validation processes. Simple master dashboards can help there.

That migration section is a godsend. If you do landed costs then make sure you test receiving after you import you Po’s and containers, we had glitch on10.2.400 that forced us to. Manually key in the POs.

If you have no transactions in, most of the time you can delete data if mistakes are made. Then there’s the old Backup cherry that I can’t go past when doing this sort of stuff. Do it often!

I appreciate some of my comments may not be a good fit , but thought it worth a mention

I’m feeling your pain from here. You’ll feel like a weight off your shoulders when you have moved over :slight_smile:

2 Likes