Convert or Add Boolean Column to Grid

Hi,
I need some help. I have this code working which adds the OrderHed.Checkbox01 field to “Picked Orders”. The field is boolean in the table but comes back as string.

I will like to see it on the grid as a checkbox. Is there any code that will convert the column to boolean, or how can I change the code so that the column is born as boolean?

I tried to change the format in Extended properties but it did not work; maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Thanks,

public class Script
{
	//private EpiDataView edvPickedOrders;
	EpiUltraGrid myGrid;
	BOReaderImpl _boReader;

public void InitializeCustomCode()
	{

// Begin Wizard Added Custom Method Calls
		SetExtendedProperties();

myGrid = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference("65ef8a4d-0c7d-45a7-8c65-6ff73cf71cb1");
		myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns.Add("Checkbox01","NonASN");

myGrid.InitializeRow += new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeRowEventHandler(grdMatLst_InitializeRow);

_boReader = WCFServiceSupport.CreateImpl<BOReaderImpl>((Ice.Core.Session)oTrans.Session, Epicor.ServiceModel.Channels.ImplBase<Ice.Contracts.BOReaderSvcContract>.UriPath);

// End Wizard Added Custom Method Calls
	}

public void DestroyCustomCode()
	{
		// End Custom Code Disposal

myGrid.InitializeRow -= new Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeRowEventHandler(grdMatLst_InitializeRow);
		_boReader = null;

}

private void grdMatLst_InitializeRow(object sender, Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.InitializeRowEventArgs e)
	{

if(!String.IsNullOrEmpty(e.Row.Cells["OrderNum"].Value.ToString()))
		{
			DataSet ds = _boReader.GetRows("Erp:BO:SalesOrder","OrderNum = '" + e.Row.Cells["OrderNum"].Value.ToString() + "'","OrderNum, Checkbox01");

if(ds.Tables[0].Rows.Count > 0 ) 
			{

e.Row.Cells["NonASN"].Value = ds.Tables[0].Rows[0]["Checkbox01"];
			}
		}

}

Try adding

myGrid.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["Checkbox01"].DataType = typeof(bool);

The above was a wild guess. Or maybe try ...Columns["NonASN"]...

Any other ideas on how to do this?