Copy epicor folder

Thanks Ned, I suspected that was the case. There won't be any new transactions in Vantage, but thought I might need to have Sonic running if I needed a multi-company dashboard to return data for both companies. I know it's a long shot that I'd have a need to go back and use any of the "old stuff" but wanted to try to cover all bases. Then I can "close the book" on Vantage and know that if I need to look at it for anything that it will function as it used to. Thanks again!
There have been some posts in the past where it was suggested an entire epicor folder could be copied over another one for things like a failed upgrade, etc. I wanted to try it just to see what happened. We converted from Vantage 8.03.409A to Epicor 9.05.701. When setting up a permanent home for a Vantage installation (in case it's needed for reference). I copied the "final" epicor folder that held Vantage on one server to another installation (same version) on another server. I made normal server changes (system agent, BAMs, dashboard report links, etc.). Things seemed fine until I checked multi-company (Sonic). It is looking at the wrong server. I did change the server in Vantage's external system and company maintenances. I'm receiving a connect error when I start up the Sonic container. I'm suspecting that I shouldn't have copied over the Sonic folder located under the Epicor folder. I can't find a config or init file or anything like that where the server is held...just locahost. I thought I'd see if anyone knows 1) what file(s) hold the server name in a Sonic installation or 2) No, you shouldn't try to overlay that folder...it won't work! Also, if Sonic is the only stumbling block to do this, theoretically it would work fine for me in Epicor since we use direct multi-company (yeah!) and I don't need to mess with Sonic anymore. Right or wrong?

Sue

In terms of Sonic…

No, you shouldn't try to overlay that folder...it won't work!

You can do an uninstall then re-install of sonic though, and you should fix your problem for the secondary vantage install you are maintaining, however, if you are only using that as a reference, you shouldn’t need sonic for multi-company since you have no new transactions happening.

You do not need sonic for multi-company in Epicor 9.05 because of the MC Direct usage, there are some other functions that do use sonic though.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of snielsen.hipco@...
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:41 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] copy epicor folder

There have been some posts in the past where it was suggested an entire epicor folder could be copied over another one for things like a failed upgrade, etc. I wanted to try it just to see what happened. We converted from Vantage 8.03.409A to Epicor 9.05.701. When setting up a permanent home for a Vantage installation (in case it's needed for reference). I copied the "final" epicor folder that held Vantage on one server to another installation (same version) on another server. I made normal server changes (system agent, BAMs, dashboard report links, etc.). Things seemed fine until I checked multi-company (Sonic). It is looking at the wrong server. I did change the server in Vantage's external system and company maintenances. I'm receiving a connect error when I start up the Sonic container. I'm suspecting that I shouldn't have copied over the Sonic folder located under the Epicor folder. I can't find a config or init file or anything like that where the server is held...just locahost. I thought I'd see if anyone knows 1) what file(s) hold the server name in a Sonic installation or 2) No, you shouldn't try to overlay that folder...it won't work! Also, if Sonic is the only stumbling block to do this, theoretically it would work fine for me in Epicor since we use direct multi-company (yeah!) and I don't need to mess with Sonic anymore. Right or wrong?

Sue