Copy to Excel (Parameter Not Valid)

Any one else getting this error when trying to copy to excel? Seems to have started this morning.

Application Error

Exception caught in: System.Drawing

Error Detail

Program: System.Drawing.dll
Method: GetHdc

Client Stack Trace

at System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ExcelExport.UltraGridExcelExporter…ctor()
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiUltraGridExcelExporter.ExportToExcel(EpiUltraGrid grid)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiContextToolsManager.handleToolClick(ContextToolClickedEventArgs e)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.EpiContextToolsManager.OnToolClick(Object sender, ContextToolClickedEventArgs e)
at Ice.Lib.Framework.PopupMenuBuilderBase.ToolbarManager_ToolClick(Object sender, ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.OnToolClick(ToolClickEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.UltraToolbarsManager.FireEvent(ToolbarEventIds id, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolBase.OnToolClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolMenuItem.OnClick()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.DoClickProcessing(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupMenuItemUIElement.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.TextUIElementBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUpHelper(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.ProcessMouseUp(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.Utilities.ProcessEvent(Control control, ProcessEvent eventToProcess, EventArgs e)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.PopupControlBase.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Exiting out of Epicor and restarting seems to fix. Odd that it affected multiple uses this morning but there have been no changes on the server.

We have had this very same issue and advise our users now to copy all including headers then manually paste into Excel. We seem to believe it could be a problem with Epicor and office 365 compatibility

1 Like

We have noticed some users with the same issues, but unsure what may be causing it, its 2021, nearly the year 2022. Since then many more O365 updates have happened.

Not enough info on the cause:

For me it only happens on intensive multi-paned dashboards. There are two here that are the culprits. They aggregate a lot of data and work the first few times, but if you go about your life, eventually you hit the error.

Now, I know what people will say - “But this happens to me in other places, like a simple dashboard!”

Right, I know, but the CAUSE was that mammoth one.

I know because I hardly use the mega-dashboards I make, and I never have this problem. But any day I work with one of these mega-dashboards, I get bit by the error and have to close out, like others said.

Edit: It’s this thorn. I was going to recreate it today, actually, since they added the parameter pub/sub feature after I created this. It’s just unwieldy. Hundreds of thousands of rows.

3 Likes