Count Group Entry - Would like to add a couple columns to the Se

Patty,

I can think of two (really three) possible ways.

(1) I've never used it, but I've seen adapter methods that appear to be intended to execute a specific BAQ and return results as a dataset. If this app supports that (or if you can find an appropriate adapter that does and add it to the app - along with its required assemblies), this might be a very clean way to go. You'd just have to write the BAQ to pull in the data you want & then switch the grid view to display the BAQ returned data set. Yet more code likely needed to then relate that data set to the native view the app is expecting (as the native dataview is what has to be updated when editing).

(2)a. See if you can add PartPlant as an FKV through countpartview and then add PartWhse as a Sub Table view through PartPlant to countpartview.

The funky behavior of the data tools view add wizard always seems to suggest to me that the resulting Sub Table view added then includes ALL columns from top level Native view - FKV - Sub Table view chain. I've never dumped an added sub table view into a grid control to test the theory but it seems like it might be worth the 10 minute experiment.

(2)b. If the experiment above fails, it doesn't mean it is a total loss. If you were able to successfully add PartPlant as an FKV under countpartview and PartWhse as a Sub Table view to the PartPlant FKV, what If you just added two custom grid controls next to the one already displaying countpartview? One would be linked to PartPlant and the other PartWhse (all fields hidden except the two you are looking for to mimimize impact on form real estate space).

I would think as you select a row in the countpartview grid, the PartPlant & PartWhse grid would stay linked in context with it. (Perhaps a little code nudge required but certainly not a ridiculous supposition.)

Would that (effectively) give you what you are after?

Rob

--- On Fri, 12/5/08, bpbuechler <pbuechler@...> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] Count Group Entry - Would like to add a couple columns to the Selected Parts
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, December 5, 2008, 8:21 AM

In the Count Group Entry - Select Parts tab, I would like to add a

couple columns from the PartPlant and PartWhse table (System ABC and

Last Counted Date).

Since the default columns are pulling from a dataview (countpartview) ;

these fields are not included in that data source. How can I add these

two tables and fields?

Any suggestions would be helpful...

Thanks

Patty Buechler
In the Count Group Entry - Select Parts tab, I would like to add a