Create a Tracker from an Entry screen?

If anyone else runs into something similar the Menu Maintenance ReadOnly that is mentioned works just fine. If perhaps you want the entire form to be "Read Only" based off of an event (checkbox = true perhaps) the code below will do it as well.

TheNameOfYourFormHere.IsEpiReadOnly = True

I was asked to make an entire form read only if a checkbox is true, so what I did was make the form read only, but keep the checkbox available.

TheNameOfYourFormHere.IsEpiReadOnly = True
TheNameOfTheCheckbox.IsEpiReadOnly = False

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@...> wrote:
>
> Make a new menu item in menu maintenance and check the read only checkbox ?
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "chan213419" <chan213419@> wrote:
> >
> > I have been charged with the task of creating a Service Contract Tracker. Surprisingly Epicor didn't create one. I am strategizing on how to accomplish this.
> >
> > My first Idea was to just simply duplicate the Service Contract Entry screen and make everything ReadOnly except for the Contract TxtBox and Contract button. The problem with this is making all of the txtboxes, dropdowns, grids etc ReadOnly would be very tedious.
> >
> > Is there a way to loop through all of these controls when the form loads and set them all to ReadOnly?
> >
> > Is this the best way to complete this task?
> >
> > Has anyone done something similar?
> >
>
I have been charged with the task of creating a Service Contract Tracker. Surprisingly Epicor didn't create one. I am strategizing on how to accomplish this.

My first Idea was to just simply duplicate the Service Contract Entry screen and make everything ReadOnly except for the Contract TxtBox and Contract button. The problem with this is making all of the txtboxes, dropdowns, grids etc ReadOnly would be very tedious.

Is there a way to loop through all of these controls when the form loads and set them all to ReadOnly?

Is this the best way to complete this task?

Has anyone done something similar?
Make a new menu item in menu maintenance and check the read only checkbox ?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "chan213419" <chan213419@...> wrote:
>
> I have been charged with the task of creating a Service Contract Tracker. Surprisingly Epicor didn't create one. I am strategizing on how to accomplish this.
>
> My first Idea was to just simply duplicate the Service Contract Entry screen and make everything ReadOnly except for the Contract TxtBox and Contract button. The problem with this is making all of the txtboxes, dropdowns, grids etc ReadOnly would be very tedious.
>
> Is there a way to loop through all of these controls when the form loads and set them all to ReadOnly?
>
> Is this the best way to complete this task?
>
> Has anyone done something similar?
>
A tracker is usually a dashboard, which is based on a BAQ...Just make a BAQ that is not updateable and deploy it to a dashboard. Or add updateable for the exceptions you list (Contract TxtBox and Contract Button)?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of bw2868bond
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Create a Tracker from an Entry screen?

Make a new menu item in menu maintenance and check the read only checkbox ?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "chan213419" <chan213419@...<mailto:chan213419@...>> wrote:
>
> I have been charged with the task of creating a Service Contract Tracker. Surprisingly Epicor didn't create one. I am strategizing on how to accomplish this.
>
> My first Idea was to just simply duplicate the Service Contract Entry screen and make everything ReadOnly except for the Contract TxtBox and Contract button. The problem with this is making all of the txtboxes, dropdowns, grids etc ReadOnly would be very tedious.
>
> Is there a way to loop through all of these controls when the form loads and set them all to ReadOnly?
>
> Is this the best way to complete this task?
>
> Has anyone done something similar?
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
WOW! It IS that easy! *foreheadslap*

Thanks SO much!!!

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bw2868bond" <bwalker@...> wrote:
>
> Make a new menu item in menu maintenance and check the read only checkbox ?
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "chan213419" <chan213419@> wrote:
> >
> > I have been charged with the task of creating a Service Contract Tracker. Surprisingly Epicor didn't create one. I am strategizing on how to accomplish this.
> >
> > My first Idea was to just simply duplicate the Service Contract Entry screen and make everything ReadOnly except for the Contract TxtBox and Contract button. The problem with this is making all of the txtboxes, dropdowns, grids etc ReadOnly would be very tedious.
> >
> > Is there a way to loop through all of these controls when the form loads and set them all to ReadOnly?
> >
> > Is this the best way to complete this task?
> >
> > Has anyone done something similar?
> >
>