Creating new sub-table in packing Detail

The ShipDtl table contains 10 character, 20 checkbox, 20 date, 20 number, & 10 shortchar vb/ud fields for you to make use of as you please.

Are you final pre-shipment quality checks so complex that they can't be represented directly in these ShipDtl fields?

If not, you will have to bring in one of the full UD tables as a foreign key view in each app you need to have visibility to this info.

Rob Brown

--- On Wed, 5/28/08, Deepa <deepait_10@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [Vantage] Creating new sub-table in packing Detail
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2008, 6:15 AM

Dear Robert,
First of all thank you for your reply. My goal is as follows:
In Customer Shipment Entry, I want to add one more tab like quality check details, so that it will attach to each line in the Shipment Detail for checking the quality of sending item.
As we are not having Inspection Processing for Shipment entry.

Thank You & Regards,
Deepa.M

----- Original Message ----
To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:33:39 PM

Deepa,

I don't understand your specific goal: It sounds like you are using Pack out in an unintended way.

The pack# itself is intended to be the gross level with the Line Items containing all necessary additional detail - even if that means extending use of the line detail table via a customization of the application( s) to make use of that tables UD fields.

Can you elaborate on exactly what you are trying to do to match your physical process?

Rob Brown

--- On Sun, 5/25/08, Deepa <deepait_10@ yahoo. com> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Creating new sub-table in packing Detail
Date: Sunday, May 25, 2008, 3:33 AM

Hi Friends
Â
Thank you in advance for helping me out the following issue.
Â
I am using vantage 8.03.403 version software. I want to add sub details for a packing line item. For one line item may have more than one details. So I want to save it into another sub table. Not in the same table with additional field.
Is there any method for attaching new sub table for packing detail table? If yes, please help me, how we can add the same?
Â
Thank you
Regards
Deepa.M

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Hi Friends
Â
Â
I am using vantage 8.03.403 version software. I want to add sub details for a packing line item. For one line item may have more than one details. So I want to save it into another sub table. Not in the same table with additional field.
Is there any method for attaching new sub table for packing detail table? If yes, please help me, how we can add the same?
Â
Thank you
Regards
Deepa.M

Deepa,

I don't understand your specific goal: It sounds like you are using Pack out in an unintended way.

The pack# itself is intended to be the gross level with the Line Items containing all necessary additional detail - even if that means extending use of the line detail table via a customization of the application(s) to make use of that tables UD fields.

Can you elaborate on exactly what you are trying to do to match your physical process?

Rob Brown

--- On Sun, 5/25/08, Deepa <deepait_10@...> wrote:

Hi Friends
Â
Â
Â
Thank you
Regards
Deepa.M

Dear Robert,
First of all thank you for your reply. My goal is as follows:
In Customer Shipment Entry, I want to add one more tab like quality check details, so that it will attach to each line in the Shipment Detail for checking the quality of sending item.
As we are not having Inspection Processing for Shipment entry.

Thank You & Regards,
Deepa.M

----- Original Message ----
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:33:39 PM

Deepa,

The pack# itself is intended to be the gross level with the Line Items containing all necessary additional detail - even if that means extending use of the line detail table via a customization of the application( s) to make use of that tables UD fields.

Rob Brown

--- On Sun, 5/25/08, Deepa <deepait_10@yahoo. com> wrote:

Hi Friends
Â
Â
Â
Thank you
Regards
Deepa.M