Crystal and Shared Variables

Re:  Shared Variables -

I've used these two documents in the past - hope they help....

""community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/1743-3-part-variables-in-crystal-reports""

""scn.sap.com/message/8053499""

Laraine

---In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thank you for your reply and nice diagram for Shared Variables.

I have tried putting the variable in all the groups – headers but, nothing is working.

Just frustrated.

Working on a RMA rate of returns that compares Sales Quantity to RMA receipt Qty. 

I Reworked the BAQ to use the PartTran table where TranType in MFG-CUS, STK-CUS and RMA-INS.

The customer number is on the Part Tran table for MFG-CUS and STK-CUST but, I had to link the RMA header to PartTran  to get the Cust on RMA’s.

I created a calculated field for Customer ID 

If PartTran.TranType = 'MFG-CUS' then Customer.CustID

ELSE IF PartTran.TranType = 'STK-CUS' then Customer.CustID

ELSE CustomerRMA.CustID

However in the BAQ Report Designer – it will  filter on a Calculated field.

Any ideas?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:59 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Crystal and Shared Variables

Do you have the variable in a subsequent section upon returning from the subreport?

There is a document in the FILES section of this site that gives an example and instruction.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/vantage/files/Reports%20-%20Crystal%20Reports

Shared Variables.pdf

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cathy@...
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:28 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Crystal and Shared Variables

I am having a terrible time with a subtotal from a Subreport.

I passed a shared variable from the main report to the subreport and that works great.

Now I need to pass a shared variable from the subreport to the main report and the total appears on the next record.

I have used WhilePrintingRecords but, nothing is working.

Thank you,

I passed a shared variable from the main report to the subreport and that works great.

Now I need to pass a shared variable from the subreport to the main report and the total appears on the next record.

Thank you,

Do you have the variable in a subsequent section upon returning from the subreport?

There is a document in the FILES section of this site that gives an example and instruction.

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/vantage/files/Reports%20-%20Crystal%20Reports

Shared Variables.pdf

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cathy@...

Thank you,

Thank you for your reply and nice diagram for Shared Variables.

I have tried putting the variable in all the groups – headers but, nothing is working.

Just frustrated.

Working on a RMA rate of returns that compares Sales Quantity to RMA receipt Qty.Â

I Reworked the BAQ to use the PartTran table where TranType in MFG-CUS, STK-CUS and RMA-INS.

The customer number is on the Part Tran table for MFG-CUS and STK-CUST but, I had to link the RMA header to PartTran  to get the Cust on RMA’s.

I created a calculated field for Customer IDÂ

If PartTran.TranType = 'MFG-CUS' then Customer.CustID

ELSE IF PartTran.TranType = 'STK-CUS' then Customer.CustID

ELSE CustomerRMA.CustID

However in the BAQ Report Designer – it will filter on a Calculated field.

Any ideas?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Vic Drecchio
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:59 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Crystal and Shared Variables

Shared Variables.pdf

Thank you,