Crystal Reports - Dynamic Cascading Parameters will not work

SAP downloads:
https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm

Also I often go to http://www.tek-tips.com/
and look around in the Crystal forums when I have troubles.
YOu will need an account to post questions and the other users are very helpful

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "chan213419" <chan213419@...> wrote:
>
> I am having a major issue with Crystal Reports XI (Version 11.5.10.1263). It has nothing to do with the widely known LOV registry (max-display 1,000 (show)) issue either.
>
> I am trying to build a dynamic cascading parameter that will have the user select the Customer Number from a list first, then from that, select from a list of all the pack numbers for that customer number (CustNum>PackNum).
>
> Many will assume from here that it has to do with the registry and would suggest that I go in there and change LOV etc. I've all ready done that for the 3 different systems that I've tested this report on. So again, this has NOT been resolved through registry edits.
>
> I have read of users having the same issue as me during the years of 2009 and 2010; from there on out it seems like this issue just vanished.
>
> I have checked my updates for Crystal (through Crystal's help>CheckForUpdates) and it notifies me that I am up to date. Is there a known absolute fix for this? Do I have to go somewhere within SAP's website to get a patch? Is this something that was never resolved for Crystal Reports XI, and is now solved in the newest versions of crystal (2008, and 2011)?
>
> Thanks very much for reading!
>
> Jeremy
>
I am having a major issue with Crystal Reports XI (Version 11.5.10.1263). It has nothing to do with the widely known LOV registry (max-display 1,000 (show)) issue either.

I am trying to build a dynamic cascading parameter that will have the user select the Customer Number from a list first, then from that, select from a list of all the pack numbers for that customer number (CustNum>PackNum).

Many will assume from here that it has to do with the registry and would suggest that I go in there and change LOV etc. I've all ready done that for the 3 different systems that I've tested this report on. So again, this has NOT been resolved through registry edits.

I have read of users having the same issue as me during the years of 2009 and 2010; from there on out it seems like this issue just vanished.

I have checked my updates for Crystal (through Crystal's help>CheckForUpdates) and it notifies me that I am up to date. Is there a known absolute fix for this? Do I have to go somewhere within SAP's website to get a patch? Is this something that was never resolved for Crystal Reports XI, and is now solved in the newest versions of crystal (2008, and 2011)?

Thanks very much for reading!

Jeremy