Simon" <ksimon8fw@...> wrote:
>
> Kerry,
>
>
>
> Usually if you look at the appserver log file, it will give you more
detail as to this error -> I believe the line number it occurred on plus
some other info that can help you to track down your error.
>
>
>
> Kevin Simon
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
Behalf Of Kerry Travis
> Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:36 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Custom Alerts
>
>
>
>
>
> Steven,
>
> I saved it in the directory you suggested, and made sure the file
extension was .p
>
> However, now when anyone tries to ship, they get this error message:
>
> Error Detail
> ============
> 4GL STOP condition: The Server application has returned an error. (7243)
(7241)
>
> Stack Trace
> ===========
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runProcedure(String requestID,
String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, Boolean persistent, Boolean
internal_Renamed, Int64 procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runStatelessProcedure(String
requestID, String fullProcedureName, ParameterSet inparams, Object procId,
MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runTheProcedure(String
requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runProcedure(String
procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
> at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.CustShipImpl.Update(CustShipDataSet ds)
> at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.CustShipAdapter.Update()
> at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.CustShipEntry.Transaction.Update()
>
> I didn't try it out in "Test" first, and unfortunately, they had to call
in the troops to help get us back up and running again. As soon as I
unchecked "Send Alert", everything works fine again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kerry
>
>
> ________________________________
> From: Steven Gotschall <sgotschall@... <mailto:sgotschall%40yahoo.com> >
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 1:06:12 PM
>
>
> Use a text editor program like notepad to create the file and save it with
a .p extension to your Vantage server directory
(c:\epicor\mfgsys803\server), then use the "Alert Program" button to select
the file. Be careful when you save the file, some programs like notepad had
a tendency to append .txt to the file. If this happens, just rename it with
the .p extension name.
>
> From: Kerry Travis <kerrytravis@... <mailto:kerrytravis%40rogers.com> >
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 12:46:18 PM
>
>
> Thanks Steven. This may seem like a really dumb question, but how do I get
Vantage to recognize it as a .p program? I see a box where you click to call
a program, but I don't know how to save it so I can access it on the Action
Tab.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kerry
>
>
>
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 9:11:21 AM
>
>
> Yes. The easiest way is to create a .p program with a text editor. It
would look like this:
>
> /* Assign the include file */
> {ud/GlbAlert.i &TableName = "ShipHead"}
>
> Find First Customer Where Customer.Company = ShipHead.Company and
Customer.CustNum = ShipHead.CustNum NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
> If Avialable Customer Then DO:
> For Each ShipDtl Where ShipDtl.Company = ShipHead.Company and
ShipDtl.PackNum = ShipHead.PackNum NO-ERROR:
> ASSIGN Email-Text = Email-Text + "~n~nPack ID " + string(ShipHead.PackNum)
+ " for customer " + string(Customer.Name) " + " on order " +
string(Order.OrderNum) + " has shipped. Item: " + string(ShipDtl.PartNum) +
", Quantity: " + string(ShipDtl.OurInventoryShipQty + ShipDtl.OurJobShipQty)
+ " " + ShipDtl.SalesUM.
> END.
> END.
> ELSE DO:
> RETURN "CANCEL SEND":U.
> END.
>
>
> Now all you have to do is to add this alert program to the Action tab on
your BAM. I wrote this alert program on the fly and haven't tested it, but
if I didn't make any syntax mistakes it should work.
>
> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 2:13:49 PM
>
>
> Thanks Steven - I got it to send me an email that an order shipped. Is
there any way to update the BAM to let you know that a specific Pack Number
or Order Number has shipped?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kerry
>
> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 11:51:28 AM
>
>
> The simplest solution is a BAM based on the ShipHead table. Select
ShipStatus as the field and under rules enter ShipStatus = Shipped (make
sure you check "For Alert". Fill out the Action Tab to Send Alert.
>
> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:38:47 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Custom Alerts
>
>
> Good morning,
>
> We are on Vantage 8.03.408B.
>
> We would like to set up an alert that will tell us when a item is shipped
for a particular customer only. We are then required to email them
documents.
>
> I didn't think we could automatically email the documents, but can we set
up the alert? If so, how? We are new to Vantage, and have no experience with
BAMs etc.
>
> Thanks a lot for any assistance.
>
> Kerry Travis
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I need to connect 70 remote users from China into data center in Maryland. Trying to use Citrix with full T1 Internet access. Does anyone have this many remote users on the other side of the world. Performance is horrible currently with 40 current users, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Â
Thanks,
Â
Warren Klug
Lion Brothers
Owings Mills, MD
410 363 1000

We currently do not use Citrix, but from my past experience I would say a T1 is not enough bandwidth for 40 concurrent users, plus you have to deal with packet delay from China. With Internet connections as cheap as they are now I would strongly suggest upgrading. We just went from a T1 to a dynamic T2 PRI, and we negotiated a 2 year contract that kept the cost the same as our T1.

As a side note, RoadRunner is now offering their lightning service (40mb down/ 5mb up) for $45 extra a month. If I could get this at the office I would get rid of the T2 and save a bunch of money.

Sent: Tue, May 18, 2010 9:49:04 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Remote user help

Â

I need to connect 70 remote users from China into data center in Maryland. Trying to use Citrix with full T1 Internet access. Does anyone have this many remote users on the other side of the world. Performance is horrible currently with 40 current users, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Â
Thanks,
Â
Warren Klug
Lion Brothers
Owings Mills, MD
410 363 1000

A VPN-over-Internet solution with that much latency (I'm guessing your median latency is >200 ms and is probably quite variable) is going to suck pretty hard, regardless of the application you're trying to deliver.

My experience has been that the Vantage OpenEdge client connection is not stable at latencies >100ms. Even with some session-related flags turned on in the user profile, you get timeouts if you have any packet loss. Other folks have reported success with direct client connections over the WAN, but each network is different, and I suspect the folks who have the most success are those whose WAN connections are essentially regional (I talked to one customer at Perspectives last year with multiple plants spread out over the US South and Midwest who was having success without resorting to Citrix/RDP).

A direct MPLS or T1 connection would be better since you could control the latency better, but point-to-point from China is going to be incredibly expensive if not impossible to provision, and still might not be good enough.

Citrix has a Branch Repeater WAN Optimization product that can be deployed in-line to accelerate traffic, compress data streams, cache packets, and generally smooth out latency issues. You'll need one at each end. I priced them out at $11K/site (or $22K total for a pair), which is also about what RiverBed WAN acceleration appliances come in at, and in theory the Citrix product has extra special Citrix-improving sauce baked in.

Epicor 9 has a web client that would avoid a lot of this since it would be delivered via a web browser. But if you're not on E9, stepping up to that from 8.03 or whatever you're running isn't something you can pop off and do in a weekend.

-bws

--
Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

-----Original Message-----
From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of warren klug
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:49 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com

Â
Thanks,
Â
Warren Klug
Lion Brothers
Owings Mills, MD
410 363 1000

------------------------------------

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
ICA connections typically require 16kbps/user session without sound, or around 1100kbps for a 70-user scenario. Assuming that not every user session is actually generating traffic 100% of the time, that's plenty of 'headroom' if the T1 is being used for only that.

Obviously you're going to want to do some traffic prioritization at your network edge. Most firewall provide a decent feature set here.

Monitoring bandwidth usage is key. My experience is that performance falls off a cliff if there's bandwidth pressure at a remote site. Once you get about 90% utilization you'll see an increase in latency.

Dynamic/bonded T1 solutions are okay. I have a 6MB 4xT1 connection at my corporate HQ. Its not the same thing as unbonded 6Mb link, and I see higher packet loss over the link than I would expect.

I would be wary of relying on some of these newer and very inexpensive broadband services without a backup. The SLAs are not the same as traditional T1-based connections. That said, I just put Verizon FiOS in my California office, but am renegotiating with my current carrier to use their dynamic 2xT1 voice/data service as a backup at a much lower rate.

-brian

Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Steven Gotschall
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:12 AM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Remote user help

We currently do not use Citrix, but from my past experience I would say a T1 is not enough bandwidth for 40 concurrent users, plus you have to deal with packet delay from China. With Internet connections as cheap as they are now I would strongly suggest upgrading. We just went from a T1 to a dynamic T2 PRI, and we negotiated a 2 year contract that kept the cost the same as our T1.

As a side note, RoadRunner is now offering their lightning service (40mb down/ 5mb up) for $45 extra a month. If I could get this at the office I would get rid of the T2 and save a bunch of money.

Â

Â
Thanks,
Â
Warren Klug
Lion Brothers
Owings Mills, MD
410 363 1000

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links
Get Riverbed WAN accelerators to give you two demo units. They unbelievably optimize all kinds of traffic. We only have 5 users in Belgium back to the US but they are able to run the client on their PCs directly with no Terminal Server! It optimizes port 8301 (Vantage traffic by 95%). It also reduces CIFS, MAPI, and HTTP traffic well above 50%. It might make room for your RDP or Citrix traffic. You should also be putting QoS on you connection to prioritize your traffic.

Joe Luster
Network Administrator
Cold Jet, LLC
455 Wards Corner Road
Loveland, Ohio 45140
USA
+1 513-831-3211 x308 (office)
+1 513-831-1209 (fax)
www.coldjet.com<http://www.coldjet.com>
[cid:image001.jpg@01CAF73B.8AB29150]
Setting industry standards in dry ice technology and solutions for over 20 years.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Brian W. Spolarich
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:50 AM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Remote user help

ICA connections typically require 16kbps/user session without sound, or around 1100kbps for a 70-user scenario. Assuming that not every user session is actually generating traffic 100% of the time, that's plenty of 'headroom' if the T1 is being used for only that.

Obviously you're going to want to do some traffic prioritization at your network edge. Most firewall provide a decent feature set here.

Monitoring bandwidth usage is key. My experience is that performance falls off a cliff if there's bandwidth pressure at a remote site. Once you get about 90% utilization you'll see an increase in latency.

Dynamic/bonded T1 solutions are okay. I have a 6MB 4xT1 connection at my corporate HQ. Its not the same thing as unbonded 6Mb link, and I see higher packet loss over the link than I would expect.

I would be wary of relying on some of these newer and very inexpensive broadband services without a backup. The SLAs are not the same as traditional T1-based connections. That said, I just put Verizon FiOS in my California office, but am renegotiating with my current carrier to use their dynamic 2xT1 voice/data service as a backup at a much lower rate.

-brian

bspolarich@...<mailto:bspolarich%40advancedphotonix.com> ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Steven Gotschall
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:12 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Remote user help

We currently do not use Citrix, but from my past experience I would say a T1 is not enough bandwidth for 40 concurrent users, plus you have to deal with packet delay from China. With Internet connections as cheap as they are now I would strongly suggest upgrading. We just went from a T1 to a dynamic T2 PRI, and we negotiated a 2 year contract that kept the cost the same as our T1.

As a side note, RoadRunner is now offering their lightning service (40mb down/ 5mb up) for $45 extra a month. If I could get this at the office I would get rid of the T2 and save a bunch of money.

I need to connect 70 remote users from China into data center in Maryland. Trying to use Citrix with full T1 Internet access. Does anyone have this many remote users on the other side of the world. Performance is horrible currently with 40 current users, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Warren Klug
Lion Brothers
Owings Mills, MD
410 363 1000

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/>

Good morning,

We are on Vantage 8.03.408B.Â

We would like to set up an alert that will tell us when a item is shipped for a particular customer only. We are then required to email them documents.Â

I didn't think we could automatically email the documents, but can we set up the alert? If so, how? We are new to Vantage, and have no experience with BAMs etc.

Thanks a lot for any assistance.

Kerry Travis

very generally, you would set up the 'BAM' on the 'ShipHead' table , select the 'ReadyToInvoice' field - then you'd need a Progress procedure to run that also pulls in the 'OrderHed' table, looks for the 'CustNum' , if it agrees with your 'target' Customer, send an Email.  This is what we've done anyway, maybe with the newer versions you don't need the procedure written, but we did.
--- On Wed, 5/19/10, Kerry Travis <kerrytravis@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Custom Alerts
Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2010, 10:38 AM

Â

Good morning,

We would like to set up an alert that will tell us when a item is shipped for a particular customer only. We are then required to email them documents.Â

I didn't think we could automatically email the documents, but can we set up the alert? If so, how? We are new to Vantage, and have no experience with BAMs etc.

Kerry Travis

The simplest solution is a BAM based on the ShipHead table. Select ShipStatus as the field and under rules enter ShipStatus = Shipped (make sure you check "For Alert". Fill out the Action Tab to Send Alert.

Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:38:47 AM

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Thanks Steven - I got it to send me an email that an order shipped. Is there any way to update the BAM to let you know that a specific Pack Number or Order Number has shipped?

Thanks again,

Kerry

Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 11:51:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Custom Alerts

Â
The simplest solution is a BAM based on the ShipHead table. Select ShipStatus as the field and under rules enter ShipStatus = Shipped (make sure you check "For Alert". Fill out the Action Tab to Send Alert.

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Warren,

I work with many clients that have users over the pond. I'd check a few things:

-latency between the Citrix servers and the clients it should be under 300ms if not the users will lag. Disconnects happen around 1200ms and it's very painful.

-QOS on the T-1 do you have it? Port 1494 traffic should have high priority because of its synchronous nature. This is a very common problem. VOIP, Http, file or printer traffic can be very damaging to ICA connections without protection.

-Have you turned off sound, reduced colors and minimized virtual channels? (You can do this in a Citrix Policy by subnet) This saves bandwidth and increases the amount of users on a 1.5mbs line.

-Is the T1 clean? Have the Telco run end to end tests looking for errors CRC's and dropped packets.

-Check the duplex on your routers. they should be hard set to 10 or 100 fdx. Auto negotiation issues can cause many hidden problems.

This will get you started,

Scott

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, warren klug <pirateofthemagothy@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> I need to connect 70 remote users from China into data center in Maryland. Trying to use Citrix with full T1 Internet access. Does anyone have this many remote users on the other side of the world. Performance is horrible currently with 40 current users, Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> Â
> Thanks,
> Â
> Warren Klug
> Lion Brothers
> Owings Mills, MD
> 410 363 1000
>
>
>
>
>
>
Yes. The easiest way is to create a .p program with a text editor. It would look like this:

/* Assign the include file */
{ud/GlbAlert.i &TableName = "ShipHead"}

Find First Customer Where Customer.Company = ShipHead.Company and Customer.CustNum = ShipHead.CustNum NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
If Avialable Customer Then DO:
    For Each ShipDtl Where ShipDtl.Company = ShipHead.Company and ShipDtl.PackNum = ShipHead.PackNum NO-ERROR:
      ASSIGN Email-Text = Email-Text + "~n~nPack ID " + string(ShipHead.PackNum) + " for customer " + string(Customer.Name) " + " on order " + string(Order.OrderNum) + " has shipped. Item: " + string(ShipDtl.PartNum) + ", Quantity: " + string(ShipDtl.OurInventoryShipQty + ShipDtl.OurJobShipQty) + " " + ShipDtl.SalesUM.
   END.
END.
ELSE DO:
 RETURN "CANCEL SEND":U.
END.

Â
Now all you have to do is to add this alert program to the Action tab on your BAM. I wrote this alert program on the fly and haven't tested it, but if I didn't make any syntax mistakes it should work.

Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 2:13:49 PM

Â
Thanks Steven - I got it to send me an email that an order shipped. Is there any way to update the BAM to let you know that a specific Pack Number or Order Number has shipped?

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Thanks Steven. This may seem like a really dumb question, but how do I get Vantage to recognize it as a .p program? I see a box where you click to call a program, but I don't know how to save it so I can access it on the Action Tab.

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 9:11:21 AM

Â
Yes. The easiest way is to create a .p program with a text editor. It would look like this:

Find First Customer Where Customer.Company = ShipHead.Company and Customer.CustNum = ShipHead.CustNum NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
    For Each ShipDtl Where ShipDtl.Company = ShipHead.Company and ShipDtl.PackNum = ShipHead.PackNum NO-ERROR:
      ASSIGN Email-Text = Email-Text + "~n~nPack ID " + string(ShipHead.PackNum) + " for customer " + string(Customer.Name) " + " on order " + string(Order.OrderNum) + " has shipped. Item: " + string(ShipDtl.PartNum) + ", Quantity: " + string(ShipDtl.OurInventoryShipQty + ShipDtl.OurJobShipQty) + " " + ShipDtl.SalesUM.
   END.
END.
ELSE DO:
END.

Â
Now all you have to do is to add this alert program to the Action tab on your BAM. I wrote this alert program on the fly and haven't tested it, but if I didn't make any syntax mistakes it should work.

Â

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Use a text editor program like notepad to create the file and save it with a .p extension to your Vantage server directory (c:\epicor\mfgsys803\server), then use the "Alert Program" button to select the file. Be careful when you save the file, some programs like notepad had a tendency to append .txt to the file. If this happens, just rename it with the .p extension name.

Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 12:46:18 PM

Â
Thanks Steven. This may seem like a really dumb question, but how do I get Vantage to recognize it as a .p program? I see a box where you click to call a program, but I don't know how to save it so I can access it on the Action Tab.

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â

END.
END.
ELSE DO:
END.

Â

Â

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Steven,

I saved it in the directory you suggested, and made sure the file extension was .p

However, now when anyone tries to ship, they get this error message:

Error Detail
============
4GL STOP condition: The Server application has returned an error. (7243) (7241)
Â
Stack Trace
===========
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, Boolean persistent, Boolean internal_Renamed, Int64 procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runStatelessProcedure(String requestID, String fullProcedureName, ParameterSet inparams, Object procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runTheProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runProcedure(String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.CustShipImpl.Update(CustShipDataSet ds)
at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.CustShipAdapter.Update()
at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.CustShipEntry.Transaction.Update()
Â
I didn't try it out in "Test" first, and unfortunately, they had to call in the troops to help get us back up and running again. As soon as I unchecked "Send Alert", everything works fine again.
Â
Any ideas?
Â
Thanks again,
Â
Kerry
Â

Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 1:06:12 PM

Â
Use a text editor program like notepad to create the file and save it with a .p extension to your Vantage server directory (c:\epicor\mfgsys803\server), then use the "Alert Program" button to select the file. Be careful when you save the file, some programs like notepad had a tendency to append .txt to the file. If this happens, just rename it with the .p extension name.

Â

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â

END.
END.
ELSE DO:
END.

Â

Â

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Send me the .p file and I'll take a look at it.

Sent: Tue, May 25, 2010 4:36:27 PM

Â
Steven,

I saved it in the directory you suggested, and made sure the file extension was .p

Error Detail
============
Â
Stack Trace
===========
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, Boolean persistent, Boolean internal_Renamed, Int64 procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runStatelessProcedure(String requestID, String fullProcedureName, ParameterSet inparams, Object procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runTheProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runProcedure(String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
Â
I didn't try it out in "Test" first, and unfortunately, they had to call in the troops to help get us back up and running again. As soon as I unchecked "Send Alert", everything works fine again.
Â
Any ideas?
Â
Thanks again,
Â
Kerry
Â

Â

Â

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â

END.
END.
ELSE DO:
END.

Â

Â

Thanks again,

Kerry

Â

Â
Good morning,

Kerry Travis

Kerry,

Usually if you look at the appserver log file, it will give you more detail as to this error -> I believe the line number it occurred on plus some other info that can help you to track down your error.

Kevin Simon

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kerry Travis
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:36 PM

Steven,

Error Detail
============

Stack Trace
===========

I didn't try it out in "Test" first, and unfortunately, they had to call in the troops to help get us back up and running again. As soon as I unchecked "Send Alert", everything works fine again.

Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Kerry

Use a text editor program like notepad to create the file and save it with a .p extension to your Vantage server directory (c:\epicor\mfgsys803\server), then use the "Alert Program" button to select the file. Be careful when you save the file, some programs like notepad had a tendency to append .txt to the file. If this happens, just rename it with the .p extension name.

Thanks Steven. This may seem like a really dumb question, but how do I get Vantage to recognize it as a .p program? I see a box where you click to call a program, but I don't know how to save it so I can access it on the Action Tab.

Thanks again,

Kerry

Yes. The easiest way is to create a .p program with a text editor. It would look like this:

For Each ShipDtl Where ShipDtl.Company = ShipHead.Company and ShipDtl.PackNum = ShipHead.PackNum NO-ERROR:
END.
END.
ELSE DO:
END.

Now all you have to do is to add this alert program to the Action tab on your BAM. I wrote this alert program on the fly and haven't tested it, but if I didn't make any syntax mistakes it should work.

Thanks Steven - I got it to send me an email that an order shipped. Is there any way to update the BAM to let you know that a specific Pack Number or Order Number has shipped?

Thanks again,

Kerry

The simplest solution is a BAM based on the ShipHead table. Select ShipStatus as the field and under rules enter ShipStatus = Shipped (make sure you check "For Alert". Fill out the Action Tab to Send Alert.

Good morning,

We are on Vantage 8.03.408B.

We would like to set up an alert that will tell us when a item is shipped for a particular customer only. We are then required to email them documents.

I didn't think we could automatically email the documents, but can we set up the alert? If so, how? We are new to Vantage, and have no experience with BAMs etc.

Kerry Travis

Just going back to the original question. How do you tell it to send the alert to your customer. Everything I came across notes it goes to the sales person. Is there a way to tell it to look at the order information for the contact email?

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Simon" <ksimon8fw@...> wrote:
>
> Kerry,
>
>
>
> Usually if you look at the appserver log file, it will give you more detail as to this error -> I believe the line number it occurred on plus some other info that can help you to track down your error.
>
>
>
> Kevin Simon
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kerry Travis
> Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:36 PM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
>
>
>
>
>
> Steven,
>
> I saved it in the directory you suggested, and made sure the file extension was .p
>
> However, now when anyone tries to ship, they get this error message:
>
> Error Detail
> ============
> 4GL STOP condition: The Server application has returned an error. (7243) (7241)
>
> Stack Trace
> ===========
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, Boolean persistent, Boolean internal_Renamed, Int64 procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.Session.runStatelessProcedure(String requestID, String fullProcedureName, ParameterSet inparams, Object procId, MetaSchema localSchema, Int32 stateModel)
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runTheProcedure(String requestID, String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
> at Progress.Open4GL.DynamicAPI.PersistentProc.runProcedure(String procedureName, ParameterSet parms, MetaSchema schema)
> at Epicor.Mfg.Proxy.CustShipImpl.Update(CustShipDataSet ds)
> at Epicor.Mfg.UI.Adapters.CustShipAdapter.Update()
> at Epicor.Mfg.UI.App.CustShipEntry.Transaction.Update()
>
> I didn't try it out in "Test" first, and unfortunately, they had to call in the troops to help get us back up and running again. As soon as I unchecked "Send Alert", everything works fine again.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kerry
>
>
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 1:06:12 PM
>
>
> Use a text editor program like notepad to create the file and save it with a .p extension to your Vantage server directory (c:\epicor\mfgsys803\server), then use the "Alert Program" button to select the file. Be careful when you save the file, some programs like notepad had a tendency to append .txt to the file. If this happens, just rename it with the .p extension name.
>
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 12:46:18 PM
>
>
> Thanks Steven. This may seem like a really dumb question, but how do I get Vantage to recognize it as a .p program? I see a box where you click to call a program, but I don't know how to save it so I can access it on the Action Tab.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kerry
>
>
>
> Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 9:11:21 AM
>
>
> Yes. The easiest way is to create a .p program with a text editor. It would look like this:
>
> /* Assign the include file */
> {ud/GlbAlert.i &TableName = "ShipHead"}
>
> Find First Customer Where Customer.Company = ShipHead.Company and Customer.CustNum = ShipHead.CustNum NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.
> If Avialable Customer Then DO:
> For Each ShipDtl Where ShipDtl.Company = ShipHead.Company and ShipDtl.PackNum = ShipHead.PackNum NO-ERROR:
> ASSIGN Email-Text = Email-Text + "~n~nPack ID " + string(ShipHead.PackNum) + " for customer " + string(Customer.Name) " + " on order " + string(Order.OrderNum) + " has shipped. Item: " + string(ShipDtl.PartNum) + ", Quantity: " + string(ShipDtl.OurInventoryShipQty + ShipDtl.OurJobShipQty) + " " + ShipDtl.SalesUM.
> END.
> END.
> ELSE DO:
> RETURN "CANCEL SEND":U.
> END.
>
>
> Now all you have to do is to add this alert program to the Action tab on your BAM. I wrote this alert program on the fly and haven't tested it, but if I didn't make any syntax mistakes it should work.
>
> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 2:13:49 PM
>
>
> Thanks Steven - I got it to send me an email that an order shipped. Is there any way to update the BAM to let you know that a specific Pack Number or Order Number has shipped?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Kerry
>
> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 11:51:28 AM
>
>
> The simplest solution is a BAM based on the ShipHead table. Select ShipStatus as the field and under rules enter ShipStatus = Shipped (make sure you check "For Alert". Fill out the Action Tab to Send Alert.
>
> Sent: Wed, May 19, 2010 10:38:47 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Custom Alerts
>
>
> Good morning,
>
> We are on Vantage 8.03.408B.
>
> We would like to set up an alert that will tell us when a item is shipped for a particular customer only. We are then required to email them documents.
>
> I didn't think we could automatically email the documents, but can we set up the alert? If so, how? We are new to Vantage, and have no experience with BAMs etc.
>
> Thanks a lot for any assistance.
>
> Kerry Travis
>
>
>
>