Custom text on Job Traveler printout - Vantage 8.03

Vic, worked like a charm.  Many thanks, my friend!  Turns out, apparently in the past (before I was hired), they had ALREADY made a change to this report so I just modified the custom one and voila, good to go!

Mike Abell

Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office:   931.432.8408
Mobile:  615.418.3055

email:  MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 9:21 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Custom text on Job Traveler printout - Vantage 8.03

The name of the form is "Traveler.rpt" and it's located here:  \\{SERVER}\epicor\mfgsys803\Server\reports

Rename it to "Traveler_Flexial.rpt" and relocate that copy to a subfolder in that /reports folder like "Flexial_Custom".

Preview/Print any Job Traveler from within Vantage.  Grab the XML file generated from the MFGSYSDATA/Reports/{USER} folder and copy it to your PC's hard drive locally.

Open the RPT in Crystal Developer and hit F5.  You'll be prompted to find that XML file you just saved. 

Now, in Crystal Dev, add a Text Box control in Developer or Preview mode to wherever you desire. 

Save the RPT.

In Vantage, open Report Styles under System Mgmt / Company Maint.  Open the JobTrav report style and create a new Report Style and aim it at your newly c reated /reports/Flexial_Custom/Traveler_Flexial.rpt.   Make it the Default Report Style for that form.

Now when your users print the Traveler, they will use this Report Style by default but still have the option of selection the system default "out-of-the-box" version if ever needed.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantag e@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:05 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Custom text on Job Traveler printout - Vantage 8.03

I would like to add some custom text in the header on the Job Travelers for Vantage 8.03.  What is the name of the report/form?  What would be the easiest, less obtrusive way to accomplish this?

Mike Abell

I would like to add some custom text in the header on the Job Travelers for Vantage 8.03.  What is the name of the report/form?  What would be the easiest, less obtrusive way to accomplish this?

Mike Abell

The name of the form is "Traveler.rpt" and it's located here:  \\{SERVER}\epicor\mfgsys803\Server\reports

Rename it to "Traveler_Flexial.rpt" and relocate that copy to a subfolder in that /reports folder like "Flexial_Custom".

Preview/Print any Job Traveler from within Vantage.  Grab the XML file generated from the MFGSYSDATA/Reports/{USER} folder and copy it to your PC's hard drive locally.

Open the RPT in Crystal Developer and hit F5.  You'll be prompted to find that XML file you just saved. 

Now, in Crystal Dev, add a Text Box control in Developer or Preview mode to wherever you desire. 

Save the RPT.

In Vantage, open Report Styles under System Mgmt / Company Maint.  Open the JobTrav report style and create a new Report Style and aim it at your newly created /reports/Flexial_Custom/Traveler_Flexial.rpt.   Make it the Default Report Style for that form.

Now when your users print the Traveler, they will use this Report Style by default but still have the option of selection the system default "out-of-the-box" version if ever needed.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2015 10:05 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Custom text on Job Traveler printout - Vantage 8.03

Mike Abell