Customer Discount Qualifier (ADD,MAX, Or MIN)

Hello All,

We are having a strange issue where if we do not fill out the Customer Discount Qualifier on the Customer>Billing Tab, the quote entry and order entry forms are not propagating the header discount to the lines.

So… I am wondering what exactly the Add, Min and Max fields do. According to the field definition it does this:

The discount qualifier is primarily used when applying order value based discounts to the customer’s sales orders. The value of this field affects the discount percent given to the customer. Here’s the rule:
“MIN” = means that the default order discount percent is the minimum discount the customer could get as compared to the order value based discount.
“MAX” = means that the default order discount percent is the maximum discount the customer could get as compared to the order value based discount.
“ADD” = means that the customer could get the order value based discount in addition to the default order discount.

However I can’t seem to see where it stops me from putting less than the minimum or where it stops me from the maximum. Can anyone explain these fields.

Thanks in advance for any help.