Customization & Context Menu

Hi Jeff,

Have you a reason for not applying the customisation to the existing/old menu ID? You could create a new menu ID without the customisation just for yourself if necessary.

Anyway, to change the context menus use System Management | Utilities | Context Menu Maintenance. Load in Part.PartNum and change the Process ID on "Part Entry" to the ID of your new menu item.

I have to say that I found this process a bit "reluctant" to work though (we're on v8.03.406a).

HTH,
Nigel.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jplehr" <jlehr@...> wrote:
>
> Vantage 8.03.408A
>
> I customized Part Maintenance and published the customization via a new Menu ID. I unchecked the "Enabled" box for the original 'Part' Menu ID. So, I have hidden 'Part' (original) from all users so they use 'Part' (custom). Everything is good except the right click feature.
>
> Question: What steps do I need to take to change the context menu so that it opens the customized Part Maintenance menu?
>
> Jeff
>
Vantage 8.03.408A

I customized Part Maintenance and published the customization via a new Menu ID. I unchecked the "Enabled" box for the original 'Part' Menu ID. So, I have hidden 'Part' (original) from all users so they use 'Part' (custom). Everything is good except the right click feature.

Question: What steps do I need to take to change the context menu so that it opens the customized Part Maintenance menu?

Jeff