Customization help needed

Are you looking for when the check box goes unchecked? If so you can put a BPM on the Sales Order Update method and check to see if the check box has gone from checked to unchecked. The BPM can put up a message to the user and also kick off processes based on the status of the check box.

If you just want to remind the user that the check box is still checked you likely will need to use embedded customization to trap various screen events that indicate the user is moving off the record.

These next are all options from the Form event Wizard.
If you are looking to trap the user clicking on the "Clear" and "Save" icons, you can use the toolclick event in the customization. You can not "cancel" a tool click to the best of my knowledge but can disable the object via the befortooldropdown event so they can't pick it.

The before adapter event will let you trap many events such as adding a new record, saving, etc. You can cancel this event if you want to keep the user from leaving the current record until they take care of something.

You can use various other events to watch for the record changing which would indicate the user has moved off the record. Row change is one option.

You can also trap the "closing" event which fires when the user closes the screen.

Which approach is best and how many you need to trap depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Also keep in mind after seeing a message a few times they tend to get ignored.

Jim K.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "greg.deterding" <greg.deterding@...> wrote:
>
> We are on 8.03.408B - progress.
>
> I am trying to add some custom code to Order Entry that will run when a saved order is cleared, a new order is opened or Order entry form is closed. It will look at a check box and show a message box if the box is still checked (the checkbox is for sending SOA's via BAM). Can someone help me figure out what event/s to run the sub against? I've played with the form event wizard with no success.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Greg
>
We are on 8.03.408B - progress.

I am trying to add some custom code to Order Entry that will run when a saved order is cleared, a new order is opened or Order entry form is closed. It will look at a check box and show a message box if the box is still checked (the checkbox is for sending SOA's via BAM). Can someone help me figure out what event/s to run the sub against? I've played with the form event wizard with no success.

Thanks in advance,

Greg
bump