Customization Navigation bar issue

Hi,

I have a customization on the SalesOrder form and I experienced something weird. I searched for an order (ie: Order #88500) and when I the order come up at screen, I clicked on the new button, I fill up the header then I saved my changes, the new order #88501 was created. I added 2 details lines. I deleted the first line of my new order and after the line was deleted, Epicor bring back automatically the order I initially searched for, the order #88500 which caused a bit of confusion…

Regards
Al

Wonder what your customization does?
And… if you can reproduce this issue when using just the base form?

Are you sure you didn’t accidentally delete the new order completely? Epicor keeps a “List” of loaded records and if you accidentally deleted order 88501 it would fall back to the last Order in the list.

Hi Jose,

100% sure. I can retrieve the new create SO and there is 1 line in the detail.

I’ve just remarked something… I do a search on a SO and I bring the selected SO to the screen (ie: SO #88000). I click on the new button, the selected SO still visible in the navigator, I fill up the header and I click the save button, the new header is saved with a new SO number but the navigator still showing the SO #88000!!! With the base customization, the navigator show the new created SO.

Regards

Al

Hi Bruce,

The customization does a lot of things and at this point it’s hard to find out where that issue is come from :frowning:

With the base customization, everything is OK!!!

I’ve just remarked something… I do a search on a SO and I bring the selected SO to the screen (i.e.: SO #88000). I click on the new button, the selected SO still visible in the navigator, I fill up the header and I click the save button, the new header is saved with a new SO number but the navigator still showing the SO #88000!!! With the base customization, the navigator shows the new created SO.

Regards,

Al

Both orders are listed in the navigator dropdown after your save?

Then my wild guess, without knowing more details
at some point the custom code can lose track of the current OrderNum
and maybe before you’re calling oTrans.Refresh(), oTrans.NotifyAll(), etc…?

Maybe you can run this in VS, or throw in some messageboxes into the code to help see how values change?

Yes, both orders are listed…

I have before and after adapter methods on the update where Refresh are called… How I can notify the navigator to keeping track of it?

Regards

Al