Deploying Epicor 9 Client Through GPO

Thanks for the response. That is how we deployed Vantage, and is what we are currently doing for E9. I was just excited they are providing an .msi now, and actually hoped to be able to use it.
Thank you,
Craig
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "pbparker" <scrumbus@...> wrote:
>
> The install is really not all that reliant on being pushed by the msi to be honest. When I rolled out Epicor 9 here, I copied a fresh install from the Program Files directory to all other clients and pushed icons to the all users start menu. (Essentially copied the Epicor904/Client directory).
>
> There's nothing pushed to the registry so all you need to do is make sure the default.mfgys is configured correctly.
>
> If you're pushing to Vista or Win7 then it would obviously require tinkering to get it to the right locations and icon paths correct. Just something to consider if you need a way to push out and can't get the msi going.
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "craig_weiss" <cweiss@> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used a GPO to deploy the Epicor 9 client? I can't find any documentation on Epicor's website, and when I try to push the .msi install, it sets the URI path to \\mnsonoma\client, regardless of what is input into the dialog boxes. I assume a .mst is required, but I don't know how to format it. Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Craig
> >
>
Has anyone used a GPO to deploy the Epicor 9 client? I can't find any documentation on Epicor's website, and when I try to push the .msi install, it sets the URI path to \\mnsonoma\client, regardless of what is input into the dialog boxes. I assume a .mst is required, but I don't know how to format it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Craig
Forgot to add that my previous response assumes you've already pushed out the Crystal Reports runtime, etc.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "craig_weiss" <cweiss@...> wrote:
>
> Has anyone used a GPO to deploy the Epicor 9 client? I can't find any documentation on Epicor's website, and when I try to push the .msi install, it sets the URI path to \\mnsonoma\client, regardless of what is input into the dialog boxes. I assume a .mst is required, but I don't know how to format it. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
The install is really not all that reliant on being pushed by the msi to be honest. When I rolled out Epicor 9 here, I copied a fresh install from the Program Files directory to all other clients and pushed icons to the all users start menu. (Essentially copied the Epicor904/Client directory).

There's nothing pushed to the registry so all you need to do is make sure the default.mfgys is configured correctly.

If you're pushing to Vista or Win7 then it would obviously require tinkering to get it to the right locations and icon paths correct. Just something to consider if you need a way to push out and can't get the msi going.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "craig_weiss" <cweiss@...> wrote:
>
> Has anyone used a GPO to deploy the Epicor 9 client? I can't find any documentation on Epicor's website, and when I try to push the .msi install, it sets the URI path to \\mnsonoma\client, regardless of what is input into the dialog boxes. I assume a .mst is required, but I don't know how to format it. Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Craig
>