Determining User Type and License Usage

Never mind.  Not sure why I did not see it before.  LicDCUsers.

-Todd

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Todd Caughey
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:05 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Determining User Type and License Usage

Very infrequent poster here anymore but still need help once in awhile.   Still on 6.1 but some of this may be similar in later versions since it is licensing and user connection related.

I got fed up with using ProMon to track users because 1/3 of ours are RDP connections at our other plant and show as the local server name they connect through.  The Show Connected Users inside Vantage is OK but if all the licenses are in use I can’t get to it.  So I wrote a report with Crystal that links up the LicUsers, _Connect and UserFile tables and show me exactly who is logged in.  Dumped out as a report that I can run via free Logicity I don’t have to be in Vantage.

Problem is this shows only the Full Vantage users.  None of the Data Collection (MES).  So if there is a ghost session running (PC or TC crashed but session still active) I can’t find the UserID to kill.  Apparently the LicUser table does not show DC users so is there another table I can use for a second report that shows current license consumers on the Data Collection side?

Thanks,

Todd Caughey

Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.

Very infrequent poster here anymore but still need help once in awhile.   Still on 6.1 but some of this may be similar in later versions since it is licensing and user connection related.

I got fed up with using ProMon to track users because 1/3 of ours are RDP connections at our other plant and show as the local server name they connect through.  The Show Connected Users inside Vantage is OK but if all the licenses are in use I can’t get to it.  So I wrote a report with Crystal that links up the LicUsers, _Connect and UserFile tables and show me exactly who is logged in.  Dumped out as a report that I can run via free Logicity I don’t have to be in Vantage.

Problem is this shows only the Full Vantage users.  None of the Data Collection (MES).  So if there is a ghost session running (PC or TC crashed but session still active) I can’t find the UserID to kill.  Apparently the LicUser table does not show DC users so is there another table I can use for a second report that shows current license consumers on the Data Collection side?

Thanks,

Todd Caughey

Harvey Vogel Mfg. Co.