Device is not found - 409

I have solved this - I had forgot to share the mfgsysdata folder on the test server. All is working now.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "michael.hutcheson@..." <michael.hutcheson@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I have installed version 409 on a spare server and all seems to be ok. I then created a new folder on my pc's c: drive called client409 and installed the client to here. I have amended port number settings in the task agent and copied all the custom reports from the live (406) to the test server. When I run the client striaght on the server, I can print preview reports etc fine. However, when I preivew reports on the 409 client on my pc, I receive the following:
>
> Error Detail
> ============
> The device is not ready.
>
>
>
> Stack Trace
> ===========
> at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
> at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
> at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
> at Epicor.Mfg.Lib.Report.EpiCrystalPushRpt.Process(ReportDocument oRpt, String dataFile, String rptFile, DataSet dtsData)
> at Epicor.Mfg.Lib.Report.EpiCrystalViewer.LoadReport(Object state)
>
>
> Looking at the error, it looks like its something to do with access rights but I have checked the reports folder and that has read\write for the users group.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Michael
>
Hello,

I have installed version 409 on a spare server and all seems to be ok. I then created a new folder on my pc's c: drive called client409 and installed the client to here. I have amended port number settings in the task agent and copied all the custom reports from the live (406) to the test server. When I run the client striaght on the server, I can print preview reports etc fine. However, when I preivew reports on the 409 client on my pc, I receive the following:

Error Detail
============
The device is not ready.

Stack Trace
===========
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Epicor.Mfg.Lib.Report.EpiCrystalPushRpt.Process(ReportDocument oRpt, String dataFile, String rptFile, DataSet dtsData)
at Epicor.Mfg.Lib.Report.EpiCrystalViewer.LoadReport(Object state)

Looking at the error, it looks like its something to do with access rights but I have checked the reports folder and that has read\write for the users group.

Any ideas?

Michael