Did the Demo Database information change?

I got a response from the doc group and manager/manager still works (I was just not looking for "System Manager" in Users) and is the preferred account for training.  Epicor/epicor grants access to customization features not normally used by non-Sys Admin  people.  Must be a glitch specific to that patch or the Train DB.
-Todd C.

From: "'Ned' TechnoBabbly@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:23:53 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Did the Demo Database information change?

Sorry, I should have been more clear, I did an upgrade to 9.05.702a.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Did the Demo Database information change?

Interesting.  I thought it was maybe an E10 change.  But the Embeded Education for 10 says it is still manager/manager even though epicor/epicor works and there is no user "manager" in the training DB.  I sent a feedback note to the documentation group.  We are starting people on the education schedules so will need to reinforce with them to use epicor/epicor.

-Todd C.

From: "Jose Gomez jose@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
To: "Vantage" <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 7:56:57 PM

epicor/epicor that changed back in 7xx. if that doesn't work try updating the user from the admin console? or SQL... 

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM, 'Ned' TechnoBabbly@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

I just did a recent upgrade and went to put the Demostration/training database from EpicWeb on the system, but I cannot login to the Admin Console to apply the License to the Database with manager/manger since it says it is not a valid user, and then I am also trying to login with Epicor/Epicor and it says that user is not a security manager.

Is there a new admin user that we need to use?

Did the Demo Database information change?

I just did a recent upgrade and went to put the Demostration/training database from EpicWeb on the system, but I cannot login to the Admin Console to apply the License to the Database with manager/manger since it says it is not a valid user, and then I am also trying to login with Epicor/Epicor and it says that user is not a security manager.

epicor/epicor that changed back in 7xx. if that doesn't work try updating the user from the admin console? or SQL...Â

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM, 'Ned' TechnoBabbly@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><u></u>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

I can’t access the Admin Console without a user with Security Manager Permissions, and it’s a progress DB… so yeah… it just doesn’t make sense…

Off to tweak in the Procedure Editor I suppose, but that’s not something I would assume they want every customer to do in order to use the training DB.

Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 8:57 PM
To: Vantage

epicor/epicor that changed back in 7xx. if that doesn't work try updating the user from the admin console? or SQL... 

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer

Interesting.  I thought it was maybe an E10 change.  But the Embeded Education for 10 says it is still manager/manager even though epicor/epicor works and there is no user "manager" in the training DB.  I sent a feedback note to the documentation group.  We are starting people on the education schedules so will need to reinforce with them to use epicor/epicor.
-Todd C.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T:
904.469.1524 mobile

Sorry, I should have been more clear, I did an upgrade to 9.05.702a.

Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 3:59 PM

-Todd C.

Jose C Gomez

Software Engineer