Displaying zero quantity material on Job Pick List

We are trying to put zero quantity materials at the top of the Job Pick List, because wires need to be cut to a certain specification, which is on the BOM with quantity of zero.

When I run a BAQ with JobMtl, it shows all items including zero quantity ones. But the JobPickL RDD doesn’t seem to let any zero quantity records get to the report. I haven’t found a filter or visibility anywhere in the report that might be controlling this.

Does anyone have an idea of how I might get these materials onto the report?

I looked at the raw data in the Report DB (JobMtl_GUID), and see that the RDD excludes Zero Qty Mtls.

I tried to Add JobMtl table to the RDD, but you can’t have the same table twice.

Next I tried to add a BAQ of JobMtl to the RDD, but it wouldn’t let add any BAQ’s either.

I think your options are:

1. Redo the whole report as a BAQ Report. (not fun)
  2. Make a subreport that queries the JobMtl table directly, and have it show the Mtls with zero Qty. (kind of “hacky”)
  3. Actually set the qty’s on the job to some non-zero value. Try making the Qty Per to be very small, and mark the Fixed Qty option.

Thank you Calvin…after a lot of banging my head on the keyboard I came to similar conclusions.

I’m not sure of how to bypass the RDD and query the JobMtl table directly. I might just add PartMtl to the RDD and just tell engineering/kitting that this will break down if they don’t have matching specifications on job and part, which should be rare.