DMR Rejection Versus Job Scrap

I need some understanding of DMR reject versus scrapping at the job. The main issue is that my Production manager wants to see the DMR rejections QTY at the Job and the current way it is being done is not showing the scrap from the DMR at the Job Labor Transaction, so what is happening is that we are running jobs short without this visual or we are not creating new jobs because of this shortage. So, if a DMR reject is resolved with no further action, will this scrap be removed from the job quantity and how will the production manager know it was scrapped at the DMR or should the parts be rejected and then scrapped at the Job Level (MES)

When the operator does End Activity and reports quantities, the nonconform qty does not count against the job production qty (only completed qty counts) so they should still continue producing to the job quantity. When you put the nonconform qty through DMR, you have options like scrapping, accepting as good, or put into a job. DMR does not go back and adjust the job quantity; this already happened when the part was nonconformed at End Activity.

I would look at Production Yield Recalc. You set the flag at the operation and can override at the part site. Then there is a process to run throughout the day that will look for any jobs flagged “production yield” and automatically decrease the production quantity on the job to the number of good parts claimed on an operation. Then MRP can see you won’t make the full job quantity and kick out another job.

I’m not sure what version this came in, but I can remember early Vantage days trying to track this all by hand. By 10.1.400 we were able to implement this and it works perfectly for us, since we only turn it on for operations with material we would accept back to the job anyway. We would fail these into DMR and at some point, if the parts can be reworked, open up a rework job and disposition all the open DMRs to that rework job.

Jenn