DMT Command Line for WorkBench BOM

I’m trying to run the DMT from command line and I can import PART information using the “-IMPORT=‘part’” switch without issues. But now I want to import directly to the Engineering Workbench the BOM I can’t figure out the “=IMPORT-?” switch correctly.
When I’m directly in DMT and select Engineering -> BOM, I select my BOM and it works, so I know the CSV file is in the correct format, just need the table name for the “-IMPORT=” switch.

I think that I have found it “Bill Of Materials” so the switch is -Import=“Bill Of Materials”
I found this when I was in the DMT directly and read the Complete Log and it showed .
Import: Bill Of Materials
Started: 8/1/2017 9:05:22 PM

When the table name has spaces you have to use double quotes.
I’m speculating that this might be your issue.
Here’s what I had to do on a different table:

Notice the character that is `
Ben

1 Like

Wes,
You might want to consider doing this in PowerShell instead of command line, there are more examples of this being used in that environment available from Epicor Support.

What @estm8ben is recommending is using the backtick as an escape character for the quotes, but the backtick is for PowerShell, not command line. For command line I think the escape character is a backslash.
But since the Powershell is the intended cmd replacement and it’s much more powerful, you may want to develop anything new in Powershell.
At Insights I lead a session on DMT Powershell step by step and I posted the slide deck, Epicor code examples and the session code examples on my blog:

-Rick
www.getaligned.solutions

2 Likes