DMT - Cost Adjustments

We've used it for FIFO cost adjustments before with near complete success. I know that we use a different template for FIFO vs Standard/Last/Average. It sounds like you put your cost into Average which is fine, but wouldn't really be used for valuation purposes since your parts are Lot FIFO?

I'd be happy to fire you off the template I last used for FIFO. It looks like it would support Lot FIFO as well.

We did have one isolated issue on just a single part, where we had to import a second series of adjustments because the first was incorrect. This one part now has a quantity on hand, but no active FIFO layer and I'm still trying to resolve this with Epicor and we've not been able to repeat the problem.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Joe Rojas <jrojas@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
>
>
> Has anyone used DMT to do cost adjustments?
>
> We are using it to do our inventory load for go-live.
>
> We are taking a couple of passes to get it right.
>
> On my first attempt to do cost adjustments, the data came over but our
> inventory has no value.
>
> We are using LOT FIFO costing. I populated the cost into AvgMtlUnitCost
> and when I look at the cost adjustment screen, I see that the value came
> over but still no inventory value.
>
>
>
> I'm sure I'm missing something but I'm not sure what.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
> dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191
> jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring
>
>
> This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hello,

Has anyone used DMT to do cost adjustments?

We are using it to do our inventory load for go-live.

We are taking a couple of passes to get it right.

On my first attempt to do cost adjustments, the data came over but our
inventory has no value.

We are using LOT FIFO costing. I populated the cost into AvgMtlUnitCost
and when I look at the cost adjustment screen, I see that the value came
over but still no inventory value.

I'm sure I'm missing something but I'm not sure what.

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]