DMT to copy BOM and router to new plant

I don't think you can have the same operation in two different plants
since they need a local scheduling resource. You can make operations in
the new plant have the same description but not the same ID. You might
try doing a mass replace to the new OPs and Resources and then DMT.

Greg

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Lisser, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Lisser@...>
wrote:
>
> The DMT does not require all columns in order or exact capitalization
- that's the beauty of it over Service Connect (at least when we
originally were converting).
>
> Make sure your ECO Group is created in the new plant and your log in
for the DMT has access to that plant. If you have all that and still are
having a problem, I would try logging into Epicor from that station with
the log in you're using. Then change to the plant you want to load the
MOM (BOO & BOM). Epicor remembers the last plant you logged into.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Has anyone ever taken many routers and BOMs, and using the DMT tool, copied them to a new plant? We have the same operations in the new plant.
But, I seem to get problems with ECO group ID, either the field, or something I'm not doing correct. Vantage support was not able to help me.

We're on Vantage 8.03.409a.
Are you using the template builder?

I used it over a year ago... I remember having similar problems on Epicor 9.05.... I had to make sure the column's label was exactly like the template... all the same capital letters, spaces etc..

Marco Vissuet
Systems Engineering
Pacific Contours Corporation
Office (619) 670-3900
Fax (619) 670-1643
mvissuet@...<mailto:marcov@...>
http://www.pacificcontours.com/

"The information contained herein may be subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) Warning: - This document contains data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751, et seq.) as amended, or the Export Administration Act (Title 50, U.S.C., App 2401 et seq.) as amended. Violations of these export laws are subject to severe criminal and civil penalties. Disseminate in accordance with provisions of DoD Directive 5230.25.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Tony Hughes
Sent: Friday, November 02, 2012 2:56 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] DMT to copy BOM and router to new plant

Has anyone ever taken many routers and BOMs, and using the DMT tool, copied them to a new plant? We have the same operations in the new plant.
But, I seem to get problems with ECO group ID, either the field, or something I'm not doing correct. Vantage support was not able to help me.

We're on Vantage 8.03.409a.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
The DMT does not require all columns in order or exact capitalization - that's the beauty of it over Service Connect (at least when we originally were converting).

Make sure your ECO Group is created in the new plant and your log in for the DMT has access to that plant. If you have all that and still are having a problem, I would try logging into Epicor from that station with the log in you're using. Then change to the plant you want to load the MOM (BOO & BOM). Epicor remembers the last plant you logged into.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]