Docstar AP Automation Demo

@E102016 - sorry I did not… didn’t think of that, but I will next time.

The first part was sort of some chit chat and a quick overview of the Email -> IDC Email Processor -> IDC config/processing -> Docstar process.

Was there something specific you wanted to know/see/ask?

Just in the very beginning phase. More curious about the setup. Is this all going to SharePoint for storage or general file shares? What about the mailbox setup? Generic AP Inbox and doc star picks it up from there?

Our setup is all VMs - one for Docstar IDC (the trainable, intellignet data capture/OCR software module, one for Docstar proper, and the SQL databases that they both use are on our production SQL server (same for Epicor).

Document storage is all in a file share on the Docstar server, but can be be elsewhere as long as the path/link can be established - but anything remote would come with a ‘time penalty’ of course (because it’s file transfer protocol)

The SQL Databases for IDC is just for training data and configuration (very small) and the database for Docstar is for the metadata for each document and the full text search index - also pretty small.

We have an AP@ashworth.com mailbox where all AP invoices go to - whether it’s directly form a vendor, or relayed from a users mailbox (like I get some of the IT invoices directly) or from a paper invoice that we received (scanned at a MFC/copier with an output location of that mailbox). Our AP person then can manager ALL invoicing from that mailbox, and move things to appropriate subfolders (inside the mailbox) which are monitored by IDC and Docstar to pick them up and put them through the appropriate processing steps.

That about cover it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful! Thanks again!!!

Paul

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply got side tracked on other projects.
Yes, thank you.

1 Like