Document link Blank Title 79082

never mind... turns out that the cd I received didn't have the right database (no users), Epicor support had sql scripts to re-create the database with the correct data.

thanks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <chaosavy@...> wrote:
>
> Do you remember what you did to fix this? I double checked my settings against the manual, and they look the same, but the services still will start and immediatley stop.
>
> thanks
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bderuvo" <bderuvo@> wrote:
> >
> > I had the login issue it was installed. I believe the issue was related to the security for the component services. As for the windows services on your apm server, they do not start until there is a print job sent, and are only active when processing a document.
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <chaosavy@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, I'm in the process of testing document link (doc-link / advanced print management aka apm).
> > >
> > > I followed the steps in the manual on how to install and configure, however the services never start, and thus I'm unable to log into the sql database using the doc-link client.
> > >
> > >
> > > Did anyone else experience this and find a solution?
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >
> >
>
Hi, I'm in the process of testing document link (doc-link / advanced print management aka apm).

I followed the steps in the manual on how to install and configure, however the services never start, and thus I'm unable to log into the sql database using the doc-link client.

Did anyone else experience this and find a solution?

thanks

Paul
I had the login issue it was installed. I believe the issue was related to the security for the component services. As for the windows services on your apm server, they do not start until there is a print job sent, and are only active when processing a document.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <chaosavy@...> wrote:
>
> Hi, I'm in the process of testing document link (doc-link / advanced print management aka apm).
>
> I followed the steps in the manual on how to install and configure, however the services never start, and thus I'm unable to log into the sql database using the doc-link client.
>
>
> Did anyone else experience this and find a solution?
>
> thanks
>
> Paul
>
Yes, that is a problem we encountered in our installation. Out IT
guy diagnosed the problem and has informed Altec of the solution he
came up with as a work around to their server-start script.

The database is starting up slower than the services. Eventually
everything will catch up but the error log is peppered.

He wrote a small script to be included in the server startup. It
causes a momentary delay which gives the database time to start up so
that the Services see it and they will then start correctly.

Contact me directly at bcarlson@... for details on how we
implemented the work around.

At 11:52 AM 6/10/2009, you wrote:

>Hi, I'm in the process of testing document link (doc-link / advanced
>print management aka apm).
>
>I followed the steps in the manual on how to install and configure,
>however the services never start, and thus I'm unable to log into
>the sql database using the doc-link client.
>
>Did anyone else experience this and find a solution?
>
>thanks
>
>Paul
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Do you remember what you did to fix this? I double checked my settings against the manual, and they look the same, but the services still will start and immediatley stop.

thanks

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "bderuvo" <bderuvo@...> wrote:
>
> I had the login issue it was installed. I believe the issue was related to the security for the component services. As for the windows services on your apm server, they do not start until there is a print job sent, and are only active when processing a document.
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <chaosavy@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I'm in the process of testing document link (doc-link / advanced print management aka apm).
> >
> > I followed the steps in the manual on how to install and configure, however the services never start, and thus I'm unable to log into the sql database using the doc-link client.
> >
> >
> > Did anyone else experience this and find a solution?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Paul
> >
>