Does anyone use Co-Parts?

Josh!

I've been trying for YEARS to get Epicor up on my Coleco Adam... I never even THOUGHT about trying the Atari. So much wasted time.

Ernie Lowell

Diba Industries

If anyone uses Co-Parts in Epicor 9 can you tell me how you attach them to the other part? Not sure if we need additional modules to get this working.

Thanks,

Chris Wineinger

Interior Systems Inc.

You need to have the Advanced Production Module and then once you have that you feel your way through a crappy setup J  We did it for our paper rolls. We take a master roll and make 4 different parts out of it for example.  The production factors seemed to be the most important in regards to costing, but there is some mess there as well to work through. If you want a quick demo of what we did I can go through something like that with you offline PM me if you like. Our solution isn’t elegant, but it seems to work.

Joshua Giese

CIO

920.437.6400 Ext. 337

Site ID: 27450-E905700B2-SQL64

Wisconsin Converting, Inc.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of cwineinger@...
Sent: Monday, January 6, 2014 3:00 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Does anyone use Co-Parts?

If anyone uses Co-Parts in Epicor 9 can you tell me how you attach them to the other part? Not sure if we need additional modules to get this working.

Thanks,

Chris Wineinger

Interior Systems Inc.

Josh,

I'm relieved to hear we're not the only ones who found the costing / production factors to be an ugly thing to work through.

Adam

For a while we were using co-parts to account for finished scrap. After a couple months we created a customization that separated finished scrap with non-nettable bins.
The co-part functionality worked well for us, it just didn't work the way we were trying to use it. It became difficult to report on the scrap co-parts.
Â
Scott

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:16 AM, <ygroups.adamleer@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><p>Josh,</p><p><br></p><p style="font-family:arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif;font-size:13px;font-style:normal;background-color:transparent;">I&#39;m relieved to hear we&#39;re not the only ones who found the costing / production factors to be an ugly thing to work through.</p>

Adam

</div>

<div style="color:rgb(255,255,255);min-height:0px;"></div>

To Adam. We figured out a system that works ok for us eventually. We customized the screen so that the fields asked for more than 3 digits since the db allows a lot more.
We then when entering the jobs do this. say we put on a 3000 lb roll and want two smaller rolls out. We put 1500 in each factor for both. Before we return those new rolls to inventory we go in and change the factors to their exact weight. Whatever we lost
along the way just gets factored into each along the way… pretty ugly actually once I run through it again.

Sent from my Atari 600

-----Original Message-----

Received: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 8:45

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com [vantage@yahoogroups.com]

Subject: Re: [Vantage] RE: Does anyone use Co-Parts?

For a while we were using co-parts to account for finished scrap. After a couple months we created a customization that separated finished scrap with non-nettable bins.
The co-part functionality worked well for us, it just didn't work the way we were trying to use it. It became difficult to report on the scrap co-parts.

Scott

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 7:16 AM, <ygroups.adamleer@...> wrote:

Josh,

I'm relieved to hear we're not the only ones who found the costing / production factors to be an ugly thing to work through.

Adam