Duplicating Parts

We have been having issues when duplicating part numbers in Epicor 10.2. The engineers are duplicating parts and not reviewing all the fields that were duplicated causing unintended consequences. Is it possible to set the fields which get duplicated and which ones don’t? If not, is it possible to turn this feature off?

Hi Aaron,

Between duplicating sales orders and parts in our company and not fully reviewing what’s been copied, I’m not sure who is worse, sales or engineering! I think you could make a bpm method directive on Part.DuplicatePart that throws an exception to doing the duplication. We haven’t gotten to the point of doing this yet but have threatened it every couple years or so… then retrain, etc :slight_smile: Alternately, I think you could clear out some not required fields at pre-processing to help drive review/completion or place some checks and messaging in there.

Nancy

2 Likes

That ended up being incredibly simple and quick. Thank you!

One thing that I added is a condition, if the USER is a member of SECURITY GROUP. That way a few trusted people in the group can duplicate, but no one else can.

Hi Aaron,

Great ~ I’m glad it worked out for you! I hope you get a whole lotta accurately entered parts out of it :).

Nancy