E10- Application Error (An error occurred when verifying security for)

Dear experts, Please suggest.

When our users are trying to connect E10 from other countries, System is throwing below mentioned error.

Application Error

Error Detail

Message: An error occurred when verifying security for the message.
Program:
Method:

This can happen if the time or timezone settings on the client or server are not right. The server and the client time must be within 5 minutes of each other or you will see this error.

Could be something else but worth checking the time settings.

Brett

11 Likes

Thanks @bmanners, It’s working now.

Brett,

How would you recommend supporting this in a disperse environment where our SaaS Cloud is in the central time zone (Est coast setting i am told) and users in each time zone? I had made that change and it still did not work.

John

If the client machines have the correct timezone and time set then you have done the right thing and you can eliminate that as an issue.

You need to check the timezone. I had a user in Brazil that had the timezone set for Argentina and the clock adjusted so it still showed the correct time for the user.

Brett

Fantastic - this article really helped.

THANK YOU!!!

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same problem when configuring SSO, the timezone and time in client and server are the same. The error message is:
**Unable to login **
Message: An error occurred when verifying security for the message.

Check the event viewer in the client to see if there are any hints or additional information.

Can you login to the Epicor client on the Epicor server?

1 Like

Adding in case others have this issue - we had a laptop that was 6 min off and wouldn’t re-synch it’s time using the usual button in Windows settings. I found an article with 3 alternative methods for re-synching the time: How to force Windows 10 time to synch with a time server? - Microsoft Community

Method 1:

1. Press Windows key + r and type services.msc and press enter.
  2. Right click on Windows Time and select properties to check the status of the service.
  3. Restart the Windows Time service.
  4. Click on OK.
  5. Restart the computer

Method 2:

a. Click on clock and select “Change date and time settings”.
b. Click on the “Internet Time” tab.
c. Check if it is set to “synchronize the time with time.windows.com”
d. If the option is selected, click on change settings to check the option “Synchronize with an Internet Time server”
e. Click on OK.

Method 3:

1. Press Windows key + X and select Command prompt(Admin).
  2. Type each one of the command below and press enter.
    net stop w32time
    w32tm /unregister
    w32tm /register
    net start w32time
    w32tm /resync
  3. Restart the computer to test the issue again.