E10 customization

We have the SDK, but don’t use it much.  Our quoting is actually done with a mixture of Epicor Quote / The Configurator & Service Connect all extremely customized and done w/out the SDK.

Brenda J. Mohr

E10.0.600.2

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2014 6:47 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] E10 customization

Good afternoon,

Looking for expert advice or pointers for customization needs with E10.  We have been on 6.1 since it's release and are now approved to receive the E10 version.  Over the past 14+ years, we have used a quoting and inventory program I wrote in VB because our requirements were not met by Vantage's quoting and inventory modules.  

My first question is there enough customization features built into E10 where I wouldn't need to purchase the SDK or SC or other tool, to facilitate a custom quoting screen that includes calculations and other logic?  Along these lines, is it possible to hook into the E10 DB, possibly using SQL linked database feature in R/W mode?

From what I've read, SC seems to be what I might need to connect to the database if I decide to rewrite our app in .Net and access E10 from the outside.  Is this the only way to connect?

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Dave

Good afternoon,

Looking for expert advice or pointers for customization needs with E10.  We have been on 6.1 since it's release and are now approved to receive the E10 version.  Over the past 14+ years, we have used a quoting and inventory program I wrote in VB because our requirements were not met by Vantage's quoting and inventory modules.  

My first question is there enough customization features built into E10 where I wouldn't need to purchase the SDK or SC or other tool, to facilitate a custom quoting screen that includes calculations and other logic?  Along these lines, is it possible to hook into the E10 DB, possibly using SQL linked database feature in R/W mode?

From what I've read, SC seems to be what I might need to connect to the database if I decide to rewrite our app in .Net and access E10 from the outside.  Is this the only way to connect?

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Dave

Customization is plenty to do pretty much anything. You should not need the sdk.
Service connect is a way to interact with the business objects externally if you dint have programmers on site.
Otherwise just use the wcf web services

On Jul 11, 2014 6:46 PM, "david.delgado@... [vantage]" <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p><p><span>Good afternoon,</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Looking for expert advice or pointers for customization needs with E10. Â We have been on 6.1 since it&#39;s release and are now approved to receive the E10 version. Â Over the past 14+ years, we have used a quoting and inventory program I wrote in VB because our requirements were not met by Vantage&#39;s quoting and inventory modules. Â </span></p>

My first question is there enough customization features built into E10 where I wouldn't need to purchase the SDK or SC or other tool, to facilitate a custom quoting screen that includes calculations and other logic? Â Along these lines, is it possible to hook into the E10 DB, possibly using SQL linked database feature in R/W mode?

From what I've read, SC seems to be what I might need to connect to the database if I decide to rewrite our app in .Net and access E10 from the outside. Â Is this the only way to connect?

Any help is appreciated.

Best,

Dave

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>