E10 Recreating Data Definitions and user defined fields

Working with Epicor, we found the issue.  For the UD data to come across, the SysRowId and ForeignSysRowId columns must NOT be excluded.  In our case, SysRowId was excluded automatically when we added the Customer table to the RDD.  Unchecking the exclusion allowed the data to come through.

Tim

I am trying to recreate a working data definition from our E9 environment into our E10 test environment.  The data definition will be for the sales order ack so I start with duplicating OrderAck.  Checking the baseline data definition, I see the OrderHed table and among the fields, I see the (4) user defined fields we had used ShortChar01, ShortChar02, Character01 and Character02.  Not sure how Epicor is doing this, but I do know views were created during the conversion to E10 so dbo.OrderHed will join the standard OrderHed table with the user defined fields it detected and I can query them all from this view.  Now for my question, I add the Customer table to the data definition.  We also used user defined fields in this table, but I do not see them in the list like I did with the OrderHed list.  I verified that there is a dbo.Customer view so it would seem Epicor recognized the fields were used and created a corresponding view, but I cannot seem to get the data definition to see them.  Even more curious, looking at the XML output file, even though the user defined fields are not showing up under the exclusion list, I see the tags for the Customer section with the user defined fields, but there is not data. 

<Customer>

<CompanyFCII01</Company>

<CustID>CONCONW</CustID>

<ShortChar01></ShortChar01>

Thanks,

Tim

Its a bug, they don't automatically show in dropdowns / exclusion in RDD but they are there. You can use them just type it out

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 2:56 PM, tvonderhaar@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span>I am trying to recreate a working data definition from our E9 environment into our E10 test environment.  The data definition will be for the sales order ack so I start with duplicating OrderAck.  Checking the baseline data definition, I see the OrderHed table and among the fields, I see the (4) user defined fields we had used ShortChar01, ShortChar02, Character01 and Character02.  Not sure how Epicor is doing this, but I do know views were created during the conversion to E10 so dbo.OrderHed will join the standard OrderHed table with the user defined fields it detected and I can query them all from this view.  Now for my question, I add the Customer table to the data definition.  We also used user defined fields in this table, but I do not see them in the list like I did with the OrderHed list.  I verified that there is a dbo.Customer view so it would seem Epicor recognized the fields were used and created a corresponding view, but I cannot seem to get the data definition to see them.  Even more curious, looking at the XML output file, even though the user defined fields are not showing up under the exclusion list, I see the tags for the Customer section with the user defined fields, but there is not data.  </span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>&lt;Customer&gt;</span></p><p><span>  &lt;CompanyFCII01&lt;/Company&gt;</span></p><p><span>  &lt;CustID&gt;CONCONW&lt;/CustID&gt;</span></p><p><span>  &lt;ShortChar01&gt;&lt;/ShortChar01&gt;</span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p><span>Thanks,</span></p><p><span>Tim</span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Thanks Jose.  That being the case, I would expect that the data should be there in the XML file, but only the standard fields have data.  The user fields are just the tags.
What version of 10 are you on?

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 3:37 PM, tvonderhaar@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p>Thanks Jose.  That being the case, I would expect that the data should be there in the XML file, but only the standard fields have data.  The user fields are just the tags.</p>

</div><span class="ygrps-yiv-1569276906">

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>