E9 - Generating Email alert upon creation of a task

I usually use a BPM or BAM for email alerts.
There are a lot of examples in the group.
Sorry, I don't have any examples specific to tasks though.

> Task Maintenance screen I have checked the "Send Alert Create"
I wonder if this is related to global alerts.
I know there are a few related to tasks.
I haven't used any of them but might be worth a look.
Sales Management -> Order Management -> Setup -> Global Alerts

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "flyntm" <flynt@...> wrote:
>
> In ver. 9.05.604A, I am trying to have the system generate an email alert when a task is created. Specifically, in an ECO task set I'd like to have the ECO approvers notified by email when a prior task is completed which cause the approval task to be created. In the Task Maintenance screen I have checked the "Send Alert Create" check box and I believe I have the users set up correctly (the task does show up in the user's task list) but I can't get the system to generate an email.
> Epicor's help desk has been useless so I was hoping somebody might have done this before.
>
> Thanks
>
> Flynt Moreland
> Tidel Engineering
>
In ver. 9.05.604A, I am trying to have the system generate an email alert when a task is created. Specifically, in an ECO task set I'd like to have the ECO approvers notified by email when a prior task is completed which cause the approval task to be created. In the Task Maintenance screen I have checked the "Send Alert Create" check box and I believe I have the users set up correctly (the task does show up in the user's task list) but I can't get the system to generate an email.
Epicor's help desk has been useless so I was hoping somebody might have done this before.

Thanks

Flynt Moreland
Tidel Engineering