E9 - PO raised via PO Suggestion defaulting to wrong Plant

Correct, we took off the Print PO Header for that as well.  At my last company we left the address at the release level because we could buy the same part for several plant but needed the vendor to ship to different place.

I had to print in the header something like “see shipping address below”.

But boy, training those vendors was a nightmare!

Manasa

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 1:34 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: E9 - PO raised via PO Suggestion defaulting to wrong Plant

Hi Manesa

I am in the Correct Plant - just ran it again to make sure - the release shows the correct plant but the Header doesn't - so I have two options - one is to untick Print PO Header address which then puts the delivery address below the line on the printout or click on Plant on the Header and change the Header Address by choosing the correct header.

I have seen something on here relating to Vantage that suggests that the buyer has a default Plant but I can't find any default warehouse setting for the buyer in E9

Adrian

I have two plants and am running PO Suggestions in one which shows I am buying for that plant. The part in question has the correct Plant set to it. However when I get it to raise to PO it is defaulting to the other Plant. Any suggestions on how to get it to default to the correct Plant. We are on 9.05.604

When you are looking at the suggestions, what plant are you in?

I would bet that it is the plant you do not want to see….that was an issue in 607 B.

Manasa

Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 9:14 AM
Subject: [Vantage] E9 - PO raised via PO Suggestion defaulting to wrong Plant

I have two plants and am running PO Suggestions in one which shows I am buying for that plant. The part in question has the correct Plant set to it. However when I get it to raise to PO it is defaulting to the other Plant. Any suggestions on how to get it to default to the correct Plant. We are on 9.05.604

Look at the job where the demand is coming from.  They probably have the part listed in the job where  the plant that does not have a plant record.

Miguel A. Santillan

Compass Manufacturing Systems

510-661-6666  Office

Sent: Friday, September 05, 2014 7:14 AM
Subject: [Vantage] E9 - PO raised via PO Suggestion defaulting to wrong Plant

Hi Manesa

I am in the Correct Plant - just ran it again to make sure - the release shows the correct plant but the Header doesn't - so I have two options - one is to untick Print PO Header address which then puts the delivery address below the line on the printout or click on Plant on the Header and change the Header Address by choosing the correct header.

I have seen something on here relating to Vantage that suggests that the buyer has a default Plant but I can't find any default warehouse setting for the buyer in E9

Adrian

Hi Miguel

I have tried running PO suggestions for an item where I have just increased the minimum stock level so no job associated and it still does it. Also see my comments to Manasa