E9 serial matching error

You should only be required to match those components that are serial tracked themselves. So basically, any top level part matched to a serial number of every component issued to the job.

There is a bug in matching that you may be running into if you use the same serial number on different part numbers (as we do).

The bug is that serial matching will match to the FIRST part found alphabetically with the serial number being matched instead of the combination of serial number and part number. Therefore you perform the matching process but other parts get marked matched instead of the ones you intend (this still in 9.04.506B that we run).

Go into serial number maintenance and find each serial number and part and make sure the fully matched checkbox is checked.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <scott.tom54@...> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> We build serialized machines with serialized components and subassemblies. Our system is set up for full lower level serial tracking but I cannot close some jobs because I get an error saying, "Component serial numbers have not been matched".
>
> When I go into the serial matching program the top level of the job is checked off as fully matched. And all the serialized components and subs have serial numbers attached to them.
>
> In serial matching there is a subassembly displayed with no serial number, but that subassembly is not serial tracked. I am not sure if it is displayed because that is the default format or if E9 expects all subassemblies to be serialized.
>
> Has anyone else run into this? And do you have any tips on how to fix it?
>
> Thank You,
> Tom Scott
> Advanced Instruments, Inc
>
Hello,

We build serialized machines with serialized components and subassemblies. Our system is set up for full lower level serial tracking but I cannot close some jobs because I get an error saying, "Component serial numbers have not been matched".

When I go into the serial matching program the top level of the job is checked off as fully matched. And all the serialized components and subs have serial numbers attached to them.

In serial matching there is a subassembly displayed with no serial number, but that subassembly is not serial tracked. I am not sure if it is displayed because that is the default format or if E9 expects all subassemblies to be serialized.

Has anyone else run into this? And do you have any tips on how to fix it?

Thank You,
Tom Scott
Advanced Instruments, Inc