E9 to E10: UI Customizations not showing custom controls

It was an existing customization that was in 9.05.
The first thing I thought of was the parent key but on the very simple one with just one custom added control has the correct parent key.

Joe Rojas | Director of Information Technology | Mats Inc
dir: 781-573-0291 | cell: 781-408-9278 | fax: 781-232-5191

addr: 37 Shuman Ave | Stoughton | Ma | 02072-3734
jrojas@... | www.matsinc.com
Ask us about our clean, green and beautiful matting and flooring

[cid:7847e5.png@d649cebf.4c96e3eb]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 11:24 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: E9 to E10: UI Customizations not showing custom controls

Did you import/upgrade this customization from E9? If yes a common issue is the parent GUID on the controls is likely wrong. You can do some hand editing of the XML to resolve this.

Or strip out only the code part, start a new customization, add the controls manually and then past in the code part adding any assemblies needed.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi All,

So after the help I received on replacing the using statements at the top of my UI customizations, I then noticed that any custom added controls are not showing.

I first notice on a small customization I had on Company Maintenance where I added a control to show a UD field.
When I looked in the Customer XML editor, I can see the control and all its properties but it is not displayed on the screen and it is not listed in the tree view of the customization editor.
I checked another one that was a customization for a UD screen and noticed the same thing. I had changed a lot of properties of the native controls and those all seemed to be recognized but all custom added controls are not visible, not listed in the tree view, but show in the custom XML editor.

Anyone else encounter this?
I am on 10.0.700.2

[cid:5b731d.png@dd59da38.4eade7e6]
This message is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Did you import/upgrade this customization from E9?  If yes a common issue is the parent GUID on the controls is likely wrong.  You can do some hand editing of the XML to resolve this.

Or strip out only the code part, start a new customization, add the controls manually and then past in the code part adding any assemblies needed.

Jim Kinneman
Encompass Solutions, Inc

I seem to remember mine “disappearing”.  I thought hey were there, but in trying to fix my code, they seemed to vanish.  (I may not have had enough Pepsi that day, but I swear they disappeared).  The ones I did AFTER I learned about changing out the usings and did that first, I don’t remember disappearing.   Again this was at the very beginning and I may have just hosed stuff…..

Brenda

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 9:20 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] E9 to E10: UI Customizations not showing custom controls

Hi All,

So after the help I received on replacing the using statements at the top of my UI customizations, I then noticed that any custom added controls are not showing.

I first notice on a small customization I had on Company Maintenance where I added a control to show a UD field.
When I looked in the Customer XML editor, I can see the control and all its properties but it is not displayed on the screen and it is not listed in the tree view of the customization editor.
I checked another one that was a customization for a UD screen and noticed the same thing. I had changed a lot of properties of the native controls and those all seemed to be recognized but all custom added controls are not visible, not listed in the tree view, but show in the custom XML editor.

Anyone else encounter this?
I am on 10.0.700.2

[cid:5b731d.png@dd59da38.4eade7e6]