ECM AP Automation Workflow question

@gpayne - I hadn’t even heard that there was new stuff on the IDC side as well - I thought it was only the new ECM workflows!!

Can you elaborate?

@MikeGross I did not think to use the special ECM app server that I had made and it worked without any issues. There are a couple of field names that were changed, but otherwise I was able to take my v1 import save as v2 and add the items group to it and was able to run a couple of tests.

I have done a few recordings, but have not made an invoice yet.

I found that on v1 you had multiple calls to different data links within the “Read Back Invoice” step.

V2 - seems to do it all within one action - creating the field groups as it goes.

Crucial things that tripped me up were tax handling. In v1 the values set by IDC for subtotal, taxes and invoicetotal were never touched by our workflows. They were the fixed items that the comparisons were made against. In v2 out of the box, it kept changing the TaxAmt - so I tweaked them slightly to get it working the same as v1. The benefit I always saw with v1 was that any tax calculations were made by Epicor, so it always followed the same rules and meant only 1 place to make changes if required. The “ReadyToCalc” flag seems to default to off in v2, which means you don’t get the tax calc happening and also don’t get an AP Legal Number generated which my finance team seems to want to still hold on to…!

3 Likes

@MikeGross AP v2 DFD has line item detail like SO automation, so you need IDC full page and not just header footer.
From what I know so far the workflow looks at the open receipts from the vendor and attempts to match line items for a possible match or matches.

@MikeGross @utaylor what version are you on? My DataLink Connections screen looks different than your screen shots. We’re on v22.1.56. I also don’t see the Astria.ProSvc.WebDatalink.dll file name as an option.

@elfrykman 22.2.85 is the version I’ve got in DEV and for that screenshot.

And it’s not Datalink - it’s the Integration screen.

Greg - just to be clear - DFD’s are in IDC, but this comment sounds like you are referring to a DFD as though it’s in the AP workflow V2 in ECM. I’m confused…

Every piece of the puzzle changed to include line items.

V1 IDC dropped this xml that the ECM workflow used.
This is the same invoice in V2

V2 ECM import has field group mapping.
DFD has line item table to make that grouping.

1 Like

It seems that page is evolving. I updated to 22.2.104 last week and the datalink page now has two web service options. The release notes show ECM can now work with automation Studio, but I could not find anything in help or release notes on usage of either one.

And

2 Likes

@utaylor where did you get the Astria.ProSvc.WebDatalink.dll you have referenced in that screen shot? My current list doesn’t include that as an option.

1 Like

No idea! I’ll find out for you!

1 Like

I asked where it is and they said I don’t know I’ll let you know. I think they got it from Epicor or Docstar at some point and it isn’t part of the native install…

I will let you know as soon as I found out. I asked them if there is some place that others like you can go get it and install it/register it or whatever.

1 Like

I’ve put in a case with Support to see what I can get out of them.

1 Like

Nice! Go get em!

If I can be of any help in setting it up let me know. There is some way to configure it to work as well and if you need me to reference my system to help you set up yours let me know.

There is an element to this .dll that relies on a txt file filled with REST calls and JSON formatting for the response. In other words, you define a REST datalink and the name of it needs to correspond with and entry in the txt file that has the same name and defines what type of REST call it is (POST, GET, etc.) as well as the full URL for it and the expected return fields.

Let me know if you need any help.

-Utah

1 Like

Can someone send me the V2 PO Invoice workflow. We are using V1 on 10.2.200 - So I’m unable to install V2 as you need to be on 10.2.600. I want to have a look at the v2 workflow, to see how the auto receipt matching is done - to see if I can back fit into our V1 workflow.

Thanks.

1 Like

@neil_shilson I don’t think it works that way. The workflow uses a new set of Datalinks that are part of a new version of the integration (and DLLs). I’m not sure you can have one without the other - I would check on that before going through all the work.

@MikeGross - Yes, I know one wont work without the other. I just want to have a look at the v2 workflow. I would like to see what has been added in v2.

@neil_shilson Here is docs for the default workflow. The version check is in the workflow, so you can get it if you have dev server, just make sure you export and rename any v1 elements.
They reuse AP Invoice Routing, but moved away from PNP PO Invoice to IDC PO Invoice in version 6 of the workflow.

AP Auto V2 12-2-22 base.pdf (81.9 KB)

1 Like

@gpayne Thanks

1 Like