ELC - My First Layer in Application Studio Course

So I have been trying to get through the subject course in our Embedded Education database.

One section has you add a “large order view” to the landing page, but you have to select refresh to have the results update. Then is has you add a highlighting data rule. That data rule only seems to work with the “all” view on the landing page, but not with the “large order view”.

The highlighting rule:

Selecting the Large Orders view does not initially update the results:

After clicking the refresh here:

Then the results update, but the highlight rule falls off:

Then when trying to add a Data Discovery Card Widget, I only have Website Widget available:

Is anyone else having issues with this course? This is K2021 on our Education database via a Browser. All of my screen shots are from the Preview in App Studio because cannot find menu maintenance in our Education database even in the SmartClient (to select which custom layers to load by default).

I don’t think you can run the Menu Maintenance from the browser yet. As I understand it the Classic screens will not show up if you launch the Epicor Education database with the browser only the Kinetic screens work.

1 Like

@BKen, thank you very much for your feedback on the course, we will investigate and come back with comments/fix asap.
To answer some of your other questions:
Menu Maintenance is available in the desktop client only as mentioned above in another comment. Your account also has to be a Security Manager.
To be able to see EDD Widgets in Application Studio, you need to have Data Discovery installed on your application server.

@BKen thanks for your feedback. This hands-on course no longer asks users to create the problematic view. We are working on a new Application Studio help section named Working with Home Page, where this approach will be covered.

1 Like