EpiCombo not refreshing in EpiUltraGrid until after user clicks

I have an updatable dashboard which allows users to change the resource on a job operation (contains JobNumber,Operation, & ResourceID).  The caveat is that users want to choose the description of the resource in a dropdown and never want to see the Resource ID.  Seems pretty simple right?

To accomplish this, I've taken the following steps:

1. Add an EpiCombo to the form named cboResource.  The ComboBox is bound to Erp:BO:Resource and shows Description with value member is ResourceID. This combo box has been resized to 0,0 and hidden from form view.  It acts as a place holder for the list of valid resources.

2. Added the following code to form Load:

cboResource.DropDownStyle = UltraComboStyle.DropDownList;
  EpiUltraGrid myGridLO = (EpiUltraGrid)csm.GetNativeControlReference("c375eb84-364b-43b8-bcd8-a7fa4e35d406");
  myGridLO.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["JobOpDtl_ResourceID"].ValueList = cboResource;
  myGridLO.DisplayLayout.Bands[0].Columns["JobOpDtl_ResourceID"].Style = Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnStyle.DropDownList;

This forces the users to choose a value from the DropDownList but the issue remaining is that the grid always displays the ID in the Resource ID field until after the user clicks onto the grid.  I have also tried adding additional code into the main controller's load event handler including oTrans.NotifyAll(); and myGridLO.Refresh(); but have had no luck.

My question is what am I doing wrong?  Is there a separate Notify event or refresh event that needs to be triggered to display the name instead of the ID? 

Thanks in advance,

Tanner