Epicor 10.0.700.3 Active Directory User Import Wizard Error

Strange error that started to pop up when one of my clients tried to use the Epicor Administration Console to add a new Active Directory user. It worked fine for a few years and then this year it suddenly stopped. Everything else in the EAC seems to work fine and that I know of no AD changes have been made.
It’s hard to troubleshoot without understanding what AD account it uses to make the AD connection and if that’s not the issue then not understanding how it works makes it hard to troubleshoot:

Error Detail:
System.ArgumentException: Child list for field UserFileList cannot be created.

at System.Windows.Forms.BindingContext.EnsureListManager(Object dataSource, String dataMember)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DataGridViewDataConnection.SetDataConnection(Object dataSource, String dataMember)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.set_DataSource(Object value)

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Wizard.SelectEpicorUserPage.LoadData()

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.ApplicationServerManager.Wizard.SelectEpicorUserPage.InitializeUI()

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.Common.Wizard.WizardNavigationSubForm.SetActiveWizardPage(NavigationDirection navigationDirection, Int32 wizardPageIndex)

at Epicor.Mfg.Administration.ServerManagement.Common.Wizard.WizardNavigationSubForm.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

SCR 181220. Addressed natively in 10.1.400+. One-off is available, but only at 10.0.700.4

typical EPCOR answer.

always in the version we aren’t on. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, good to know.
My client will setup new users manually until they migrate to their new ERP system at year end.

I appreciate the frustration with updates. It’s a HUGE topic and a lot of time and effort has gone into reducing the upgrade pain. It’s a reality in the industry tough that software moves forward. The efforts into Project Cirrus, internal API checking tools to prevent breaking changes on updates, the two week update schedule to alleviate the need for insane volumes of hot fixes that break constantly, the introduction of REST to minimize integration breakages - and that’s just since 10.1 - with more to be announced that are already going on internally.
Consider that we are wrapping up 10.2.100 and starting on 10.2.200, patching 10.1.600 every to weeks, 10.1.500 every month and 10.1.400 and 10.0.700 as needed. That’s a lot of support more as many as releases as reasonable while trying to continue to add feature that others would have us rather work on instead of supporting all these releases. It’s an interesting balance we dance on to appease both extremes - new features, less releases versus support all the releases ever made but no features added.

2 Likes

Bart- I was just having some fun with my post. I will add more emojis next time so that folks know that I am being lighthearted.

1 Like

No worries. This is a bit of a vent site and respect peoples struggles. Just letting you know we are listening and evolving :wink:

3 Likes