Epicor 9.04.503B Help not Found

We went live on Epicor 904.506B on April 1, 2011. We have had particular difficulties in the following areas:

sales order backlog wrong; book details on sales order wrong; same problem, book details getting updated incorrectly when date chage to sales order, shipto customer on sales order changed: support call in, asking for hot fix, now on a week waiting to get something

unfirm jobs creating "hard" link to materials on upper level jobs; system not allowing delete of material from bom until unfirm job demand link broken... i thought it was unfirm... why need to delete this junk?

subassemblies on jobs not functioning as one would expect; actually needing to reboot system to get it fucntioning

reports occasionally (why?) getting tossed into scheduled tasks for all users, instead of processing; have to reboot system to free them up and get them to actually print..

cannot change buy to order to not buy to order on sales orders unless first delete PO SUGGESTUION for the bto; thought it was a suggestion, feels alot like the unfirm job problem

system reboot does not always work properly; stop restart appservers gets hung frequently, need full reboot

the jury is still out but it is quite painful at the moment, 1 month past go-live - hopefully we'll get to a better position in the near future

Nancy

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Robisch" <bluewine@...> wrote:
>
> We're still on 8.03.405a but we're testing Epicor 9 and want to go to it right away, not only for the new features, but because we have 3 other companies wishing to implement without first going through 8. We're working on our customizations before we turn it over to our Epicor Test team. But here's what we have so far.
>
> 1. MRP doesn't delete Change Log entries when deleting unfirmed jobs. Same as in 8.03.4xx.
>
> 2. Conversion Routine 10012 ran over 4 days before we stopped it. This is an optional program to set flags for Visual Indicators of attachments etc. Unusable because we can't afford to shut down for that length of time. The program pegs all 8 CPU's >95%. Hopefully, it's in a loop that Epicor will fix.
>
> 3. We get a Currency Rate abort during the Admin Tools conversion. Odd, because we don't have the Currency module. Show Stopper as we don't know what's going on.
>
> 4. When stopping any of the databases, whether through PET or batch file, they don't shut down properly. Next time you log into the server, there's 4 announcements of "Progress client encountered a problem and needed to close."
>
> Will report more as they come up but we really haven't exercised it yet.
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Chris Thompson
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:47 AM
> Subject: Re: [Vantage] Epicor 9.04.503B Help not Found
>
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Are you an Epicor 9 user?
>
> If so, have you encountered any bugs / annoyances in E9?
>
> We are considering moving form V8 to E9 before going live to avoid some of the V8 bugs (which Epicor aren't going to fix), but we dont want to end up having more bugs in E9.
>
> Would it be possible for you to compose a semi detailed list of bugs in E9 that you have encountered?
>
> I intend to compile a list of bugs in E9 and approach Epicor to see if/when they will be fixed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> CHRIS THOMPSON
> _______________________________
> From: Chris Robisch <bluewine@...>
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Saturday, 18 April, 2009 20:38:19
> Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.04.503B Help not Found
>
> Go to --yourpath-- \Epicor904\ client\config and edit the .mfgsys files for each database. Go to the line with:
> <helpServer uri="http://mnepicdoc/ Help/" />
> And change it to:
> <helpServer uri="" />
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "S. Michael Reeves" <mreeves@cementech. com>
> To: <vantage@yahoogroups .com>
> Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:18 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Application Help 404 File not Found
>
> > Hello folks! I just installed Epicor 9.04.503B and everything is running fine, (as far as I can tell), except the Application help. We are currently in implementation phase and I just did a fresh install from the Epicor 9.04.500 DVD, then immediately updated it to the 503 SP and 503B Path.
> >
> > My only issue I can find thus far is when you try to access the Application Help, (Help -> Contents), it will produce a 404 Error saying that it cannot find the file. I tried installing the Help 503 executable which was successful, but I suppose I don't know why it is not able to find the Help directory, or rather, why the help directory isn't in the wwwroot file.
> >
> > Any ideas as to why this is happening? I tried to go there via the Live database and the Training database.
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Go to --yourpath--\Epicor904\client\config and edit the .mfgsys files for each database. Go to the line with:
<helpServer uri="http://mnepicdoc/Help/" />
And change it to:
<helpServer uri="" />
----- Original Message -----
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:18 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Application Help 404 File not Found

> Hello folks! I just installed Epicor 9.04.503B and everything is running fine, (as far as I can tell), except the Application help. We are currently in implementation phase and I just did a fresh install from the Epicor 9.04.500 DVD, then immediately updated it to the 503 SP and 503B Path.
>
> My only issue I can find thus far is when you try to access the Application Help, (Help -> Contents), it will produce a 404 Error saying that it cannot find the file. I tried installing the Help 503 executable which was successful, but I suppose I don't know why it is not able to find the Help directory, or rather, why the help directory isn't in the wwwroot file.
>
> Any ideas as to why this is happening? I tried to go there via the Live database and the Training database.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> Go to --yourpath--\Epicor904\client\config and edit the .mfgsys files for
> each database. Go to the line with:
> <helpServer uri="http://mnepicdoc/Help/ <http://mnepicdoc/Help/> " />
> And change it to:
> <helpServer uri="" />

Chris is right. However, if you want to host the Epicor 9 help files on a
web server internally, set this location to the URL of the Hosted Help.
Directions for hosting help are found in one of the Installation
instructions appendices.

The only reason I can think to host your help files is if you want access
without starting the client and tying up a license.

Mark W.
Hi Chris,

Are you an Epicor 9 user?

If so, have you encountered any bugs / annoyances in E9?

We are considering moving form V8 to E9 before going live to avoid some of the V8 bugs (which Epicor aren't going to fix), but we dont want to end up having more bugs in E9.

Would it be possible for you to compose a semi detailed list of bugs in E9 that you have encountered?

I intend to compile a list of bugs in E9 and approach Epicor to see if/when they will be fixed.

Cheers,

CHRIS THOMPSON

Sent: Saturday, 18 April, 2009 20:38:19
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.04.503B Help not Found

Go to --yourpath-- \Epicor904\ client\config and edit the .mfgsys files for each database. Go to the line with:
<helpServer uri="http://mnepicdoc/ Help/" />
And change it to:
<helpServer uri="" />
To: <vantage@yahoogroups .com>

> Hello folks! I just installed Epicor 9.04.503B and everything is running fine, (as far as I can tell), except the Application help. We are currently in implementation phase and I just did a fresh install from the Epicor 9.04.500 DVD, then immediately updated it to the 503 SP and 503B Path.
>
> My only issue I can find thus far is when you try to access the Application Help, (Help -> Contents), it will produce a 404 Error saying that it cannot find the file. I tried installing the Help 503 executable which was successful, but I suppose I don't know why it is not able to find the Help directory, or rather, why the help directory isn't in the wwwroot file.
>
> Any ideas as to why this is happening? I tried to go there via the Live database and the Training database.

We're still on 8.03.405a but we're testing Epicor 9 and want to go to it right away, not only for the new features, but because we have 3 other companies wishing to implement without first going through 8. We're working on our customizations before we turn it over to our Epicor Test team. But here's what we have so far.

1. MRP doesn't delete Change Log entries when deleting unfirmed jobs. Same as in 8.03.4xx.

2. Conversion Routine 10012 ran over 4 days before we stopped it. This is an optional program to set flags for Visual Indicators of attachments etc. Unusable because we can't afford to shut down for that length of time. The program pegs all 8 CPU's >95%. Hopefully, it's in a loop that Epicor will fix.

3. We get a Currency Rate abort during the Admin Tools conversion. Odd, because we don't have the Currency module. Show Stopper as we don't know what's going on.

4. When stopping any of the databases, whether through PET or batch file, they don't shut down properly. Next time you log into the server, there's 4 announcements of "Progress client encountered a problem and needed to close."

Will report more as they come up but we really haven't exercised it yet.
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Epicor 9.04.503B Help not Found

Hi Chris,

Are you an Epicor 9 user?

If so, have you encountered any bugs / annoyances in E9?

We are considering moving form V8 to E9 before going live to avoid some of the V8 bugs (which Epicor aren't going to fix), but we dont want to end up having more bugs in E9.

Would it be possible for you to compose a semi detailed list of bugs in E9 that you have encountered?

I intend to compile a list of bugs in E9 and approach Epicor to see if/when they will be fixed.

Cheers,

CHRIS THOMPSON
Sent: Saturday, 18 April, 2009 20:38:19
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.04.503B Help not Found

Go to --yourpath-- \Epicor904\ client\config and edit the .mfgsys files for each database. Go to the line with:
<helpServer uri="http://mnepicdoc/ Help/" />
And change it to:
<helpServer uri="" />
To: <vantage@yahoogroups .com>

>
>