Epicor 9.05.702 - Customer Part Cross Reference

Cathy,

Thanks for the reply, I will look into this.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2014 08:41
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05.702 - Customer Part Cross Reference

There is a place for the customer part number in Quote Entry.

Why don’t you just modify the Crystal  Quote form to print only the customer part number?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wi nter, Patrick
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 2:23 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05.702 - Customer Part Cross Reference

All,

Observations and Comments:

In Vantage 6.1 – it was only used and seen on the Order Entry Screens.

Epicor 9 – It’s in Order Entry, Quote Entry and can be used in the Part Master to lookup parts.

Epicor 9 also gives you a “Customer Part Cross Reference” entry program to add and delete entries Vantage 6.1 didn’t have.

Since I went from V6.1 to 9.05.702 my sales department is having some issues.

We do high volume quoting, the quo te will have the customer part number in the part number field on the quote.

When we get the order we will update the quote with our part number and sales create a cross ref again in order entry.

If the customer has a part number change we change our part master description and again another cross reference is created.

How are others handling this?

I know there are conversion programs to rebuild the XREF file but what I’m picturing is a button to remove all XREF records for

The manufactured part entered right on the sales line detail screen.

All comments welcome.

Epicor 9.05.702 - Customer Part Cross Reference

All,

Epicor 9 – It’s in Order Entry, Quote Entry and can be used in the Part Master to lookup parts.

Epicor 9 also gives you a “Customer Part Cross Reference” entry program to add and delete entries Vantage 6.1 didn’t have.

We do high volume quoting, the quote will have the customer part number in the part number field on the quote.

When we get the order we will update the quote with our part number and sales create a cross ref again in order entry.

If the customer has a part number change we change our part master description and again another cross reference is created.

I know there are conversion programs to rebuild the XREF file but what I’m picturing is a button to remove all XREF records for

All comments welcome.

There is a place for the customer part number in Quote Entry.

Why don’t you just modify the Crystal  Quote form to print only the customer part number?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Winter, Patrick
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 2:23 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05.702 - Customer Part Cross Reference

All,

We do high volume quoting, the quote will have the customer part number in the part number field on the quote.

All comments welcome.