Epicor 9.05.702A - Does the RPM fluctuate for different file typ

It seems to me it may take the DMT a little longer to initially open an .xlsx file than it does a .csv equivalent. But the ease of use for me is much better using the Excel format. After it loads the input file I don't think there is any difference in upload time.

Joe

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 1:51 PM, machzy@... [vantage] <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p><span><span style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:14px;">Just curious which is the best (yeilds fastest processing) file for importing using DMT. Or if one even exists.</span><br></span></p><p><span><br></span></p><p></p>

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Just curious which is the best (yeilds fastest processing) file for importing using DMT. Or if one even exists.

Some tables with lots of checking and business logic run in the 40-50 RPM range.  I had an easy one the other day that hit 1,100 RPM – a record for me so far.  Both XLSX.  I think type of input file would be much less important than complexity and number of related, affected, tables to be checked during the loading.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2015 1:51 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05.702A - Does the RPM fluctuate for different file types for DMT?

Just curious which is the best (yeilds fastest processing) file for importing using DMT. Or if one even exists.

Thanks!
agreed.
the input file type format is irrelevant .. it's the target data table and number of fields being processed.