Epicor 9.05 Pay Rates - No overtime or shift premium rules?

We are about to upgrade from 803.409c to 9.5 to 10.0 and I clarified with Epicor that the payroll system is the same and there is overtime & shift differential. Overtime & shift premium was never in 803.409c in labor entry and that was an adjustment from our old system.
Pam Simantz
AJR Industries, Inc.

Phone: (847) 439-0380
Fax:      (847) 439-0230

E-mail: PamS@...

We are implementing Epicor 9.05. We are not using the payroll module.

On Friday we learned that there are no payroll rules in Epicor - meaning that all time is recorded as straight time. Is this true?

We need to record overtime premium for employees who work more than 40 hours a week, shift premium for second shift, vacation time without the shift premium when second shift employees take vacation.

Does anyone have a suggestion / solution?

Our consultant suggested that we set up an employee record for each rate type that we need.

For example:

Sam Smith straight time $20/hour

Sam Smith overtime $30/hour

Sam Smith second shift $20.50 / hour (in case sometimes Sam has to work second shift versus first)

Sam Smith second shift overtime $30.75 / hour

You get the picture.

Assuming that not a lot has changed in capabilities from Vantage 6.1 through 9 and 10 I would agree that it does not handle overtime.  I think this is partly because every company will probably be a little different in their rules.  My last position was a union environment and over the years, from contract to contract, the rules got more and more messy.  No way Epicor could ever accommodate them so I had to write a report (Report Builder at first then Crystal) to make the calculations from clock time to payroll time.   Even so it took about a year to flush out all the vacation and holiday complications that had been missed.  Once that was done it was pretty stable as long as the contract process did not mess it up again.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:22 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05 Pay Rates - No overtime or shift premium rules?

On Friday we learned that there are no payroll rules in Epicor - meaning that all time is recorded as straight time. Is this true?

We need to record overtime premium for employees who work more than 40 hours a week, shift premium for second shift, vacation time without the shift premium when second shift employees take vacation.

Our consultant suggested that we set up an employee record for each rate type that we need.

For example:

Sam Smith second shift $20.50 / hour (in case sometimes Sam has to work second shift versus first)

You get the picture.

Hi Todd,

Thank you so much - this is a helpful suggestion for us to consider.

Best regards,

Susan

Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:39:19 +0000
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05 Pay Rates - No overtime or shift premium rules?

<div id="ygrps-yiv-331252922ecxygrp-text">

Assuming that not a lot has changed in capabilities from Vantage 6.1 through 9 and 10 I would agree that it does not handle overtime.  I think this is partly because every company will probably be a little different in their rules.  My last position was a union environment and over the years, from contract to contract, the rules got more and more messy.  No way Epicor could ever accommodate them so I had to write a report (Report Builder at first then Crystal) to make the calculations from clock time to payroll time.   Even so it took about a year to flush out all the vacation and holiday complications that had been missed.  Once that was done it was pretty stable as long as the contract process did not mess it up again.

-Todd C.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:22 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9.05 Pay Rates - No overtime or shift premium rules?

For example:

You get the picture.

</div>

<div style="height:0px;color:rgb(255, 255, 255);"></div>