Epicor 9 PO Approval

Mike,

I have some Data Directive BPMs set up on the POApvMsg table. Those aren't available in Vantage, and for some reason I know I tried the POApvMsg Method Directive route but couldn't get it to work.

The important value is POApvMsg.MsgType, with "1" being request for approval and "2" being the approval itself. I don't remember why I wasn't successful with a Method Directive, but that was almost 2 years ago... I bet there's a way to make it work.

Anyone else doing something similar?

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mike Abell <mabell@...> wrote:
>
> Ernie,
>
> How do these people get notified that they have an approval waiting for them? How do they know? I would love to use the Vantage PO system but I need it to be automated to tell them that they have something pending without them having to check. Can Vantage be set up this way?
>
> Mike Abell
> Information Technology Manager
> Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
> Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
> Mobile: 615.418.3055
> email: MAbell@...
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
> Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:52 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor 9 PO Approval
>
>
>
> We have up to four levels of approval. First level is $2500, those do not need any additional approval (purchasing clerks can just create POs for up to that amount). If they create a PO over that amount, the next level is $5000, which is the purchasing manager. Any PO between those amounts has to go through him. Up to $25k, you need a VP to approve... over that is the company president.
>
> However, if there is a PO for say $50k and no VP is available, the president can sign off. The levels are not, by definition, additive... you don't need to go through each level. You can just jump to the end and skip everything in between.
>
> Ernie Lowell
> Diba Industries
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Manasa Reddy <mreddy@<mailto:mreddy@>> wrote:
> >
> > When you say "2 levels" it sounds like if I had a PO for $5000 one person approves it but if I had a PO for $10000 someone else approves it. Is this what you are asking or are you asking that you need two people to approve a PO? The first is possible, but the system makes both people approve it, but if it is the later, then out of the box, no.
> >
> > Manasa
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Ananda Iyer
> > Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 5:02 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9 PO Approval
> >
> >
> >
> > I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.
> >
> > Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for the same purchase type?
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.

Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for the same purchase type?
You can have more levels you just need to set up the buyers that way. So buyer 1 has a PO limit of $1.00, buyer 2 has a PO limit of $2.00 and Buyer 3 has unlimited. Epicor will work from buyer 1 to buyer 2 to buyer 3. But it is pretty linear as far as know. You could probably set up conditions to send it different approval directions but that is above my head.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Ananda Iyer" <anandasiyer@...> wrote:
>
> I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.
>
> Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for the same purchase type?
>
When you say "2 levels" it sounds like if I had a PO for $5000 one person approves it but if I had a PO for $10000 someone else approves it. Is this what you are asking or are you asking that you need two people to approve a PO? The first is possible, but the system makes both people approve it, but if it is the later, then out of the box, no.

Manasa

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ananda Iyer
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 5:02 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9 PO Approval

I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.

Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for the same purchase type?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Thanks Ralmon, that is what I was trying to achieve. Seems to work well.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "ralmon64" <ralmon@...> wrote:
>
> You can have more levels you just need to set up the buyers that way. So buyer 1 has a PO limit of $1.00, buyer 2 has a PO limit of $2.00 and Buyer 3 has unlimited. Epicor will work from buyer 1 to buyer 2 to buyer 3. But it is pretty linear as far as know. You could probably set up conditions to send it different approval directions but that is above my head.
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Ananda Iyer" <anandasiyer@> wrote:
> >
> > I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.
> >
> > Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for the same purchase type?
> >
>
We have up to four levels of approval. First level is $2500, those do not need any additional approval (purchasing clerks can just create POs for up to that amount). If they create a PO over that amount, the next level is $5000, which is the purchasing manager. Any PO between those amounts has to go through him. Up to $25k, you need a VP to approve... over that is the company president.

However, if there is a PO for say $50k and no VP is available, the president can sign off. The levels are not, by definition, additive... you don't need to go through each level. You can just jump to the end and skip everything in between.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Manasa Reddy <mreddy@...> wrote:
>
> When you say "2 levels" it sounds like if I had a PO for $5000 one person approves it but if I had a PO for $10000 someone else approves it. Is this what you are asking or are you asking that you need two people to approve a PO? The first is possible, but the system makes both people approve it, but if it is the later, then out of the box, no.
>
> Manasa
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ananda Iyer
> Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 5:02 AM
> Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9 PO Approval
>
>
>
> I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.
>
> Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for the same purchase type?
>
>
>
>
Ernie,

How do these people get notified that they have an approval waiting for them? How do they know? I would love to use the Vantage PO system but I need it to be automated to tell them that they have something pending without them having to check. Can Vantage be set up this way?

Mike Abell
Information Technology Manager
Flexial - BOA Group - Cookeville, Tennessee
Office: 931.432.1853 ext 302
Mobile: 615.418.3055
email: MAbell@...

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 7:52 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor 9 PO Approval

We have up to four levels of approval. First level is $2500, those do not need any additional approval (purchasing clerks can just create POs for up to that amount). If they create a PO over that amount, the next level is $5000, which is the purchasing manager. Any PO between those amounts has to go through him. Up to $25k, you need a VP to approve... over that is the company president.

However, if there is a PO for say $50k and no VP is available, the president can sign off. The levels are not, by definition, additive... you don't need to go through each level. You can just jump to the end and skip everything in between.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Manasa Reddy <mreddy@...<mailto:mreddy@...>> wrote:
>
> When you say "2 levels" it sounds like if I had a PO for $5000 one person approves it but if I had a PO for $10000 someone else approves it. Is this what you are asking or are you asking that you need two people to approve a PO? The first is possible, but the system makes both people approve it, but if it is the later, then out of the box, no.
>
> Manasa
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Ananda Iyer
> Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 5:02 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [Vantage] Epicor 9 PO Approval
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Mike-

Check out 11597MPS on the Knowledge Base. They have a bpm and some code that can be used for e-mail notification of approvers. We're early on in using it, but it seems to be working ok.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Mike Abell <mabell@...> wrote:
>
> Ernie,
>
> How do these people get notified that they have an approval waiting for them? How do they know? I would love to use the Vantage PO system but I need it to be automated to tell them that they have something pending without them having to check. Can Vantage be set up this way?
>
> Mike Abell
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Elizabeth
>
>
>
> We have up to four levels of approval. First level is $2500, those do not need any additional approval (purchasing clerks can just create POs for up to that amount). If they create a PO over that amount, the next level is $5000, which is the purchasing manager. Any PO between those amounts has to go through him. Up to $25k, you need a VP to approve... over that is the company president.
>
> However, if there is a PO for say $50k and no VP is available, the president can sign off. The levels are not, by definition, additive... you don't need to go through each level. You can just jump to the end and skip everything in between.
>
> Ernie Lowell
> Diba Industries
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Manasa Reddy <mreddy@<mailto:mreddy@>> wrote:
> >
> > When you say "2 levels" it sounds like if I had a PO for $5000 one person approves it but if I had a PO for $10000 someone else approves it. Is this what you are asking or are you asking that you need two people to approve a PO? The first is possible, but the system makes both people approve it, but if it is the later, then out of the box, no.
> >
> > Manasa
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Ananda Iyer
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
>
Cool, I will definitely check that out. Thanks!

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
chuckdegreeff
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:10 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor 9 PO Approval

Mike-

Check out 11597MPS on the Knowledge Base. They have a bpm and some code that
can be used for e-mail notification of approvers. We're early on in using
it, but it seems to be working ok.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , Mike
Abell <mabell@...> wrote:
>
> Ernie,
>
> How do these people get notified that they have an approval waiting for
them? How do they know? I would love to use the Vantage PO system but I need
it to be automated to tell them that they have something pending without
them having to check. Can Vantage be set up this way?
>
> Mike Abell
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
Behalf Of Elizabeth
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
> We have up to four levels of approval. First level is $2500, those do not
need any additional approval (purchasing clerks can just create POs for up
to that amount). If they create a PO over that amount, the next level is
$5000, which is the purchasing manager. Any PO between those amounts has to
go through him. Up to $25k, you need a VP to approve... over that is the
company president.
>
> However, if there is a PO for say $50k and no VP is available, the
president can sign off. The levels are not, by definition, additive... you
don't need to go through each level. You can just jump to the end and skip
everything in between.
>
> Ernie Lowell
> Diba Industries
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Manasa Reddy <mreddy@<mailto:mreddy@>>
wrote:
> >
> > When you say "2 levels" it sounds like if I had a PO for $5000 one
person approves it but if I had a PO for $10000 someone else approves it. Is
this what you are asking or are you asking that you need two people to
approve a PO? The first is possible, but the system makes both people
approve it, but if it is the later, then out of the box, no.
> >
> > Manasa
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On
Behalf Of Ananda Iyer
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> >
> >
> >
> > I am using Epicor 9.05.701 and need to create and purchasing approval
matrix that can include more then 2 approval levels per purchase type. All I
can see in Epicor is 2 approval levels, a buyer PO Limit and than an
Approval Person when the buyer's limit has been exceeded.
> >
> > Does anyone know a way that I could have more then 2 approval levels for
the same purchase type?
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>