Epicor App Server event log

Getting error messages in event log - not sure what they mean

System.Exception: Unable to flush server log to disk —> System.ArgumentNullException: Path cannot be null.
Parameter name: path
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.ServerLog.CreateFileStream(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) in C:_Releases\ICE\3.1.500.15\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\ServerLog.cs:line 468
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.ServerLog.CopyOverflowFile() in C:_Releases\ICE\3.1.500.15\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\ServerLog.cs:line 408
at Epicor.Hosting.Trace.ServerLog.WriteToLog() in C:_Releases\ICE\3.1.500.15\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Hosting\Trace\ServerLog.cs:line 356
— End of inner exception stack trace —

I came across this in my own search to resolve this same issue. I know this thread is old but I want to post the resolution for others.

This is caused be a file location not being set on an application server logging. This error will happen even if logging is turned off. The default file location is just ServerLog, which needs to be changed to a full path then saved.

4 Likes

Dear Jason Hawthorne

We are also experiencing the above issue , however, the TraceLog is already Disabled at all of our App Servers.

Do you think - there could be any other area to look into ?

Whats the version and exact error? (stack trace from the flight data recorder - PLEASE look in the 'Flight Data Recorder' - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum)

Well - Lately I have enabled and disabled the Trace Log. This worked for me,
Good point was - there was nothing required to touch the App Pools etc.
Thanks