Epicor Data Upgrade Utility

You have to go through your CAM

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rkepk
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 1:28 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Epicor Data Upgrade Utility

I couldn't find this utility on epic web.
Can anybody help me how i can get this utility.

Thanks.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "cubcrafters_it" <jason.navarrete@...<mailto:jason.navarrete@...>> wrote:
>
> I tried the beta a couple of times. I wasn't aware that they had released a final pass-thru process.
>
> I had weird glitches in earlier betas, and then we had a separate GL issue that prevented me from using the Pass Thru. We're currently testing with the whole manual 8.03 to 9.04 to 9.05 conversion.
>
> The idea seemed promising, at least. :)
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, "Alex Fiedler" <alex@> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used the new data upgrade utility from Epicor delivered in a file called EpicorDataUpgSQL32.zip?
> >
> > It purports to get you from 8.03 straight to 9.05 without having to install 9.04 first.
> >
> > The accompanying 38-page pdf explains the steps. It seems you need to install 32-bit E9. Bad luck if you already have a 64-bit system installed. Also you need to be on 9.05.604 and no later. This alone suggest that we might be better off doing it the old way.
> >
> > Comments?
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Has anyone used the new data upgrade utility from Epicor delivered in a file called EpicorDataUpgSQL32.zip?

It purports to get you from 8.03 straight to 9.05 without having to install 9.04 first.

The accompanying 38-page pdf explains the steps. It seems you need to install 32-bit E9. Bad luck if you already have a 64-bit system installed. Also you need to be on 9.05.604 and no later. This alone suggest that we might be better off doing it the old way.

Comments?
I tried the beta a couple of times. I wasn't aware that they had released a final pass-thru process.

I had weird glitches in earlier betas, and then we had a separate GL issue that prevented me from using the Pass Thru. We're currently testing with the whole manual 8.03 to 9.04 to 9.05 conversion.

The idea seemed promising, at least. :)

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Fiedler" <alex@...> wrote:
>
> Has anyone used the new data upgrade utility from Epicor delivered in a file called EpicorDataUpgSQL32.zip?
>
> It purports to get you from 8.03 straight to 9.05 without having to install 9.04 first.
>
> The accompanying 38-page pdf explains the steps. It seems you need to install 32-bit E9. Bad luck if you already have a 64-bit system installed. Also you need to be on 9.05.604 and no later. This alone suggest that we might be better off doing it the old way.
>
> Comments?
>
I couldn't find this utility on epic web.
Can anybody help me how i can get this utility.

Thanks.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "cubcrafters_it" <jason.navarrete@...> wrote:
>
> I tried the beta a couple of times. I wasn't aware that they had released a final pass-thru process.
>
> I had weird glitches in earlier betas, and then we had a separate GL issue that prevented me from using the Pass Thru. We're currently testing with the whole manual 8.03 to 9.04 to 9.05 conversion.
>
> The idea seemed promising, at least. :)
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Fiedler" <alex@> wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone used the new data upgrade utility from Epicor delivered in a file called EpicorDataUpgSQL32.zip?
> >
> > It purports to get you from 8.03 straight to 9.05 without having to install 9.04 first.
> >
> > The accompanying 38-page pdf explains the steps. It seems you need to install 32-bit E9. Bad luck if you already have a 64-bit system installed. Also you need to be on 9.05.604 and no later. This alone suggest that we might be better off doing it the old way.
> >
> > Comments?
> >
>