Epicor FTP patches.epicor.com Down?

I imagine due to how long the SharePoint site has been around, that it’s internally hosted and not on 365.

I think from memory the docStar downloads are hosted on AWS, as that would have been existing from pre-acquisition.

Yes, this is the case.

Quite true. But their MX record indicates they are using M365 for email. I’m suggesting it wouldn’t take much to relocate patches.epicor.com to a Document Library and turn on the global CDN and improve the download speed to the UK, Australia, and the rest of North America for the same price as my advice: free. :wink:

True true.

Although you advice cannot strictly be free - somebody must be paying you commission somewhere! Is it the Cloud gods for all your evangelism on the topic…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I did get Confirmation from yours truly!

4 Likes

I got the exact … same … message. (Well except for the “How have you been” part) :smiley:

Good to have resolution! I would mark yours as the solution in case anybody does a search.

1 Like

Maybe we did get through to somebody regards the speed too…

Fastest download speed I’ve ever seen from this site in the UK :grinning: Thank you Epicor.

5 Likes

Can anyone who has CSF Functionality view all the .cab’s that usually should be in a folder related to a Country?

For example China should have 3-4 .cab’s but it only shows 1 .cab and a Guide in EpicWeb.

We don’t have the China CSF so I cant see anything in that folder. But I do have the Australia CSF and can only see the latest CSF, but I know the older versions are still on patches.epicor.com.

Australia should have like 3-4 files in the folder, how many do you see? I only see 2, but via FTP I usually saw 4 (before they killed ftp). I think EpicWeb doesnt list all the files properly.

I only see 2 in EpicWeb, the latest zip and the install guide. It would be nice to be able to see all the files again for sure. If we cant browse patches, then they all need to be added to EpicWeb. :cheese:

2 Likes